This discussion is closed.
urban_flavaz
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
hi ppl, am doin my as levels and jus need sum advice on applying for my work experience placement this summer......i intend to go into medicine and i wnt 2 apply to a hospital but dont really knw what department....also need help on the letter. what kind of stuff shall i write about other than the obvious; name, dates, what i do etc. any advice actually on work experience in hospitals wud be much appreciated. thanks.
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You could ask your teacher to write something about you and stuff like that that. Tou could go into the hospital to ask about work experience. I'm sure they would give you more information about it.
Laura2k5
Report 15 years ago
i tried to arrange work experience in a hospital and had no end of problems doing it. I went through Connexions and it took them literally months to arrange anything. I don't want to seem negative but I'm just saying if you seem to be getting the same response KEEP ringing them even if you have to keep leaving them answer phone messages!
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by trev)
You could ask your teacher to write something about you and stuff like that that. Tou could go into the hospital to ask about work experience. I'm sure they would give you more information about it.
I would say getting teacher involved is a bad idea. a) most teacher's are idiots anyway b) it doesn't exactly show as much initiative.

Write. Then email. Then phone. Again. And again. And again. Over and over. That's what I did to get W/e.
Lias
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I agree with the above, what I did to find my work placement was look on,

www.yell.com
conduct a search for Hospitals in your local area. From there an address and telephone number will be available and all the departments offered to you!

From this, I suggest, phoning them to find out whether they do work experience placements. Alternatively, if your writing to a well-known placement. Ideally, explain a little about yourself and why Medicine is for you and what you want to achieve!
For instance,
“I am a student at TSR studying AS Biology, Chemistry, and Math’s… I take pleasure in learning these are… Moreover, I have long-standing interest in medicine as of……… …I hope to become a fully qualified Medic”

More or less along those lines…
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.67%
Take autumn exams (163)
30.02%
Look for a job (19)
3.5%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.05%
Take a year out (96)
17.68%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.08%

Watched Threads