A-level Biology Best Study Book? (AQA) & Chemistry?

Watch this thread
RoadtoSuccess
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello, I was wondering what is the best Study book used to revise all topics of A-level Biology (AQA). I am studying it by myself I tried to enrol into Cloudlearn and they were terrible, so I have to do it myself now.

If anyone has anything for Chemistry too (AQA)?
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by RoadtoSuccess)
Hello, I was wondering what is the best Study book used to revise all topics of A-level Biology (AQA). I am studying it by myself I tried to enrol into Cloudlearn and they were terrible, so I have to do it myself now.

If anyone has anything for Chemistry too (AQA)?
Hi again

I just posted on your Maths thread

I personally would recommend Chem revise revision guides as I used them for my own resit alongside my own notes.
You may also find Seneca learning useful for bio and chem too. Once your comfortable with all content I recommend doing past papers from Physics and Maths tutor.

Good luck for all your resits!
Last edited by TriplexA; 2 months ago
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi again

I just posted on your Maths thread

I personally would recommend Chem revise revision guides as I used them for my own resit alongside my own notes.
You may also find Seneca learning useful for bio and chem too. Once your comfortable with all content I recommend doing past papers from Physics and Maths tutor.

Good luck for all your resits!
Thank you, although it's not really a resit it's just doing the exams by myself this time round
Is Chem Revise a website or something?
And Seneca learning?

For sure thank you!
TriplexA
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Thank you, although it's not really a resit it's just doing the exams by myself this time round
Is Chem Revise a website or something?
And Seneca learning?

For sure thank you!
Oh wow that's ambitious - is this for dentistry?

Yes they're both websites. Chem revise is note based (for the entire content + practicals) and Seneca is an interactive learning platform which you can access for free by creating an account.

Any Chem advice feel free to ask me
Otherwise good luck!
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
Oh wow that's ambitious - is this for dentistry?

Yes they're both websites. Chem revise is note based (for the entire content + practicals) and Seneca is an interactive learning platform which you can access for free by creating an account.

Any Chem advice feel free to ask me
Otherwise good luck!
Yes I think I mentioned this

Thank you I appreciate it, from looking at Seneca learning it truly is good lol I paid £905 for a course with Cloud learn for A-level Bio, Chem & Maths it was so obvious that everything was copy and pasted and nothing was in depth as though it was just AS level.. I requested a refund now hopefully they refund me.
TriplexA
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Yes I think I mentioned this

Thank you I appreciate it, from looking at Seneca learning it truly is good lol I paid £905 for a course with Cloud learn for A-level Bio, Chem & Maths it was so obvious that everything was copy and pasted and nothing was in depth as though it was just AS level.. I requested a refund now hopefully they refund me.
Glad you're liking Seneca - I found it more useful for bio.

That so much for a bad resource 0: - hoping you get that refund!
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
Glad you're liking Seneca - I found it more useful for bio.

That so much for a bad resource 0: - hoping you get that refund!
haha fr hopefully they refund me the scammers!
username5706823
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I use OUP for bio along with notes from savemyexams, it's great. I also have CGP and Hodder books but I prefer OUP for bio.

For chem, it's CGP with chemrevise for me
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
I use OUP for bio along with notes from savemyexams, it's great. I also have CGP and Hodder books but I prefer OUP for bio.

Thank you appreciated Summer
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
(Original post by summerbirdreads)

Regarding OUP though is that a Book? I can't seem to find it
planktion34
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
when are your exams? for biology aqa i would really recommend cgp and crashcoursebiology on youtube esp for muscles and a change in learning

chemistry - i did ocr a but i found the revision book a waste and the original textbook and main past papers are enough
also i used khan academy on youtube for some topics
username5706823
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Thank you appreciated Summer
https://www.waterstones.com/book/aqa.../9780198351771
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
(Original post by planktion34)
when are your exams? for biology aqa i would really recommend cgp and crashcoursebiology on youtube esp for muscles and a change in learning

chemistry - i did ocr a but i found the revision book a waste and the original textbook and main past papers are enough
also i used khan academy on youtube for some topics
They will be in May/June 2023 I believe
Thanks for the advice I'll use those
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (54)
27.14%
As I expected (65)
32.66%
Harder (72)
36.18%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.02%

Watched Threads