The Student Room Group

HK English Writing Questions. Try them!

The following are some writing questions from HKDSE, the public exam of HK. If you have an idea on any of them, please give your passage in the replies.

1. You are the host of "Teen Chat", a YouTube Channel that explores a wide range of topics from a teenage perspective. Write an article for Teen Magazine about why you started this channel and what you have learned in the process.

2. You write an advice column for Jobs Online magazine. A reader submitted the following question:
My dream is to open a café with a few friends, but I've just been offered a promotion at my company. The pay is good, but I'm not that interested in the work. Should I leave now or wait a few years?-Kam Chai, 25 years old

3. (Adapted to suit more UK people) You are Jordan Henderson, the captain of LFC. Your team went all the way in the PL but came second to Man City by one point.
Write a speech to be delivered to the team at the end-of-season dinner celebration.

4. The following comment appeared in the editorial of Hong Kong post.
Young people today lack interest in traditional art forms such as lion dance, calligraphy or the art of tea drinking.
You are the chairperson of your school's Heritage Club. Express your views by writing a letter to the editor of Hong Kong Post.

5. The musical group Nine Dragons has asked you to help promote them by writing a bio for their website.
The bio should include background information about the group, style of music and plans for the future.

6. As part of your drama class, you played the role of the hero and the villain in different plays.
Write an entry in your drama journal. Reflect on which role you preferred playing and why.

7. You entered the "Stories of Survival" short story competition. The theme of this year's competition is "Nature: friend or enemy?"
Write a story about a hiker who gets caught in a storm while hiking in the mountains.

8. The School Management is considering a four-day school week. Students would only need to attend school four days a week instead of five, but the length of each day would be increased by one hour.
You are a member of the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA). Write a letter to the President of the PTA stating your opinion either for or against a four-day school week. Give reasons to support your view.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending