The Student Room Group

I don’t know weather to get my moles checked I’m scared I’m wasting doctor time

I am a regular sunbed user. I’ve been going on for a few month now 15-18 mins per session 5-6 sessions per week. Irresponsible I know.

I have noticed a mole on my back that is irregular in shape but it’s not a big mole. It is only small. I also have one in my bellybutton that’s 2 different colours.

I have been putting off getting moles checked for a while now cause I fear that I’m wasting doctor time cause I’ve always thought that it wouldn’t be me and that I’m being paranoid being a regular sunbed user.

Is there anywhere else I can go other than local doctors. Like could i send a picture of my moles for someone to check before actually going?

Advice appreciated
Just go to doctor. They may well think you're wasting their time, but too bad for them. My dad got cancer from a mole that wasn't removed properly. It's a quick check. And if you're not happy that they did it properly, ask to be referred. I did and I'm glad I did, even though the GP thought I WAS wasting her time.I'd rather that than what happened to my Dad, which was grim.
Original post by Anonymous
I am a regular sunbed user. I’ve been going on for a few month now 15-18 mins per session 5-6 sessions per week. Irresponsible I know.

I have noticed a mole on my back that is irregular in shape but it’s not a big mole. It is only small. I also have one in my bellybutton that’s 2 different colours.

I have been putting off getting moles checked for a while now cause I fear that I’m wasting doctor time cause I’ve always thought that it wouldn’t be me and that I’m being paranoid being a regular sunbed user.

Is there anywhere else I can go other than local doctors. Like could i send a picture of my moles for someone to check before actually going?

Advice appreciated

It's great you're aware of any changes in moles that are on your body. Now you know, it's essential you book an appointment with your GP to check it's not cancerous. You're not wasting their time if you're concerned with your moles. In fact, it's better the sooner you book the appointment so that you can ease any anxiety you feel. You don't know what effects these moles could have on your health if you don't go because you feel you're wasting their time. You're really not.
Your health is your priority!!

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest