amba0
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
What are some good questions to ask the examiner in a A level Spanish speaking exam - I can't find any resources on this!
Last edited by amba0; 2 months ago
srija08
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Hello... I did my mocks and hv my GCSEs in the upcoming week...
It depends on the question or theme you are going to be asked from but for anything you can just ask "et toi?" [french for "and you?"] and this will gain you full marks for the question but if you wish, you could make it more complex

Hope this helps!
srija08
Rep:
Report 2 months ago

I have my speaking GCSEs in 2 days!!! Very scared bcoz this is my first ever GCSE exam! Please share some tips to be able to achieve a grade 9
amba0
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by srija08)
Hello... I did my mocks and hv my GCSEs in the upcoming week...
It depends on the question or theme you are going to be asked from but for anything you can just ask "et toi?" [french for "and you?"] and this will gain you full marks for the question but if you wish, you could make it more complex

Hope this helps!
I mean im doing Spanish alevel and that won't get you any marks but gl
srija08
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
oh ok... sorry that didn't help. I guess you can ask your teacher abt it or search your specification for information abt it or maybe just search online like on youtube or something
evakesiax
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by amba0)
What are some good questions to ask the examiner in a A level Spanish speaking exam - I can't find any resources on this!
Hey, I did my Spanish A level speaking exam on Monday and the questions I asked were in relation to the module not just the speaking card. For example, I chose the card on family (module 1) and I ask ¿crees que la Familia juega un papel importante en la sociedad hoy en dia?
Also ask questions that you know that you can confidently answer because the teacher who took my exam used to be an AQA examiner and she said that they have to say ¿y tu? after answering your question. Hope this helps.
evakesiax
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anika2004)
did you need to know about other hispanic countries or just spain? also how did the IRP go - how did they ask the questions, was it more conversational?
You don't need to know about other Hispanic countries but the examiner report from 2019 stated that students that go beyond the facts and information from the textbook and spain do get higher marks. The IRP went well, the questions weren't a shock because I planned out the possible questions I could get. you can make it conversational by using a calm tone and not speaking so fast because the examiner report said that the students that spoke too fast got docked down marks because of their comprehensions.
evakesiax
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
would you say that the advanced information was useful e.g if you had the card on families it was very focused on the changes or are you able to bring other parts to it? also sounds like you did quite well so thats good!
Thank you- the advanced info was very helpful and the text information stuck to the sub topic that was chosen. You can add in any extra information and that can help so long as it relates to the card
evakesiax
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
ah ok thanks!! - were you the first person in your school to do the speaking? because we havent been told an order so do you think if i can i should go first to get it over and done w ?
My school had already made a timetable for the GCSE/A Level speaking so we didn't get to choose what order we went in- I was 2nd. If you're worried about it or just want to get it out of the way, go 1st because it's less pressure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.27%
As I expected (23)
29.87%
Harder (29)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.19%

Watched Threads