The Student Room Group

Printing and binding dissertation document

Strange question may be, but why do students get their dissertations printed and bond, if most people submit it electronically?. Are we also meant to submit a hardcopy? thanks
I think a lot of unis actually require you to submit a hard copy as well as a digital one.
Original post by Bubbles2151
Strange question may be, but why do students get their dissertations printed and bond, if most people submit it electronically?. Are we also meant to submit a hardcopy? thanks

Hi @Bubbles2151 A few years back, everyone had to submit their dissertations by printing them out and handing a hard-copy into the university! I think it's because of the pandemic (and being unable to travel into the university) that some universities changed to electronic submission :smile: It's worth double-checking with your university to see what they'd prefer though!

I hope this answers your question and congratulations on finishing your dissertation!!!

Emma
3rd year diagnostic radiography student
Original post by Bubbles2151

Hi @Bubbles2151

I submitted my dissertation electronically during the pandemic but I was still required to submit two hardcopies, I believe it might be to send to external moderators who may not have access to the electronic submission although I am not 100% certain on that.

I would recommend checking with your dissertation supervisor whether you are required to submit a hard copy of your dissertation, and what date that is expected to be handed in by. Every university will probably have slightly different rules about this so it is best checking directly with your supervisor.

I hope this helps, best of luck! :smile:

Grace
BA History
MA Nineteenth Century Studies (History and English Literature)

Quick Reply

Latest