The Student Room Group

university of leeds ranking, career prospects and teaching

i got a offer frm university of leeds econs bsc. just wanted to know how the career prospects are like after grad as i plan to join the banking industry. also wanted to know whether how well know the university is along with how they teach during lectures.
Original post by abhiuniapp
i got a offer frm university of leeds econs bsc. just wanted to know how the career prospects are like after grad as i plan to join the banking industry. also wanted to know whether how well know the university is along with how they teach during lectures.

Leeds is a solid Top 20 university in terms of prestige and reputation.

As a Russell Group university, it means he career prospect is above average. That said, career prospects is not as top as the prestigious universities.

If you plan to join banking, it would not be a problem if you attend Leeds if you are just aiming for normal banking.

Leeds city is one of the leading financial services hubs in the UK.
Reply 2
Original post by RoyalBeams
Leeds is a solid Top 20 university in terms of prestige and reputation.

As a Russell Group university, it means he career prospect is above average. That said, career prospects is not as top as the prestigious universities.

If you plan to join banking, it would not be a problem if you attend Leeds if you are just aiming for normal banking.

Leeds city is one of the leading financial services hubs in the UK.

Do u think University of Manchester, Strathclyde or Bath would be a better choice?
Original post by abhiuniapp
Do u think University of Manchester, Strathclyde or Bath would be a better choice?

Manchester and Bath would also be in the Top 20 and close enough to be regarded as peer universities.

Manchester would be certainly marginally better than Leeds in ranking and career prospects.

Bath would be, at best, a shoulder-to-shoulder peer university in ranking. That said, because of the smaller size, Bath would provide marginally better career prospects than Leeds, on average.

We are really talking small margins here that makes it almost insignificant.

To put rankings into better context:

- Manchester can be strongly and realistcally argued to be anywhere between 8th to 12th best university in the UK
- Both Leeds and Bath can be strongly and realistcally argued to be anywhere between 13th to 20th best university in the UK

Arguing them to be out of these ranges will most likely end up being weak arguments. In my opinion, Manchester is 12th, Leeds is 16th and Bath is 17th.

Strathclyde, I would argue, is not in the Top 30 of most reputable and prestigious UK universities.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest