The Student Room Group

Nadine Dorries says dyslexia made her muddle her words - do you believe her?

Tory MP Luke Evans posted a TikTok video in which he asked Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries what her department does. In the video she talks about "downstreaming films", maintaining "tennis pitches", and ensuring that "the internet in the UK is the safest internet in the world".

She was roundly humiliated for this online. In response Dorries has tweeted that she has dyslexia and that this makes her "muddle words".

"She said it was tough seeing commentators "mock me for something that is beyond my control".

"I have dyslexia, which means that when I speak I often run my words together."

She tweeted on Saturday to defend herself against the criticism she faced over the terms she used in the video, saying it can be difficult finding the right expression when speaking.

"Dyslexia affects people differently. For me, it affects my speech more than my writing, which is why I find solace in writing", she said."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61201792

Forgive my cynicism, but I don't believe it one bit. Dorries doesn't exactly have a beaming track record as an honourable & upstanding minister. She's a vitriolic weasel without an ounce of integrity. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.

Dorries' shameless interviews always do the rounds on social media and, though she often says plenty of stupid things, I've never noticed her muddle words in this way. Her dyslexia never seems to make an appearance at the Dispatch Box either.

Do you believe Dorries genuinely suffers from dyslexia or is this another audacious distraction tactic? I guess we'll never know. It's not like we can disprove Dorrie's claim. Perhaps she's done a WebMD self-diagnosis.
Was her dyslexia to blame for her recent confusion about how Channel 4 is funded despite being the Culture Secretary and the very person responsible for changing the Channel 4 funding model? While she may well have dyslexia, I am also highly cynical as to her explanation.

Dorries is the Conservative's Diane Abbot. She is clearly out of her depth and just not that bright. Her ministerial career is not built on ability, but on shallow patriotism and toadying up to Johnson.
I think Inner Party Member Dorries is full to the brim with Big Brown :colonhash:
Considering this is a pre-recorded video, dyslexia or not it doesn't instill much confidence that she actually knows what she's doing.
Eh, truth be told I've never really read or hear much from Dorries before. It may be that this is just her being out of touch with most things cultural, but then again it could be dyslexia or simply her being not 100% on the day of the interview. It happens to the best of us. 🤷*♀️
This is the same Nadine Dorries who asked Microsoft to 'ban algorithms'. So... Yeah.
Reply 6
It has been revealed that Dorries' dyslexia flareups are sometimes so bad that she is unable to write her own tweets and so has to copy & paste the PMs instead. Solidarity with you Nadine.

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 08.40.45.png
Reply 7
Or shes just an idiot and is trying to shift the blame for that to a real condition..
Look on the bright side at least she didn't claim everyone wants to rape her and instead hid behind the dyslexia excuse.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending