The Student Room Group

what’s your attachment type?

i took this attachment test to figure out what I was (learn it in psychology lmao) and it was pretty accurate. Told my friends to take it too, and theirs was accurate too.

You can take the test here : https://www.attachmentproject.com/attachment-style-quiz/

Do you think your attachment type is accurate, and do you think your type is a direct result by your upbringing? Just curious

Scroll to see replies

Apparently I'm "secure", which is nice! And I can believe that that's because my parents were basically there for me.

It's funny how all of that was only implied by the website, though. At the end it didn't really explain what a secure attachment type actually means =/
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
i took this attachment test to figure out what I was (learn it in psychology lmao) and it was pretty accurate. Told my friends to take it too, and theirs was accurate too.

You can take the test here : https://www.attachmentproject.com/attachment-style-quiz/

Do you think your attachment type is accurate, and do you think your type is a direct result by your upbringing? Just curious

Lol mine is no way accurate. It said I’m fearful avoidant. I had a wonderful childhood. I just later developed ocd at 12 which made me really really really anxious about my relationship with my parents and I became really clingy to them and still am. Family is really important to me. But it’s not to do with the way you’re raised. Mental health illnesses can play a part too as it did with me.
Got disorganized/fearful-avoidant...which I certainly knew going into it, the problem is this has plagued every single relationship I have ever had and I do not know how to get better at having any form of relationship

Yes very much my upbringing, my childhood consisted of being brought up in a workaholic household with two siblings with ASD, I am grateful that my parents were there to provide for me physically/materially but they never did emotionally, nor did my siblings due to their condition, so truly lack the understanding of emotions and social interaction, if anything I'm scared of emotions in general.

But it could of been a lot worse, I don't think badly of my parents simply that I want to do a much better job with mine when I hopefully have them, once I find someone I am comfortable with my emotions with.
Dismissive/Avoidant, and no I don't think it is because of my upbringing.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Apparently I'm "secure", which is nice! And I can believe that that's because my parents were basically there for me.

It's funny how all of that was only implied by the website, though. At the end it didn't really explain what a secure attachment type actually means =/

not sure if this is what you meant, but on the main page it shows you how your attachment type affects you when you’re single, in a relationship and as a parent. The secure type should be there if you scroll down. Hope that’s helpful!

https://www.attachmentproject.com/attachment-style-quiz/
Reply 6
Dismissive/avoidant

Interesting, it's defo true, but it's like I like caring for others but never want anyone to ask how I feel or want them to really check up on me idk
Jpeg
Dismissive/ avoidant- I think it has a little to do with my upbringing because when my (brown… cough cough) parents would punish me I would try to not cry and act like it didn’t affect me which I think now plays a role in me being emotionally distant with anyone… but I also think it probably more to do when I would go to primary school. My “friends” would always leave me out and that made me less naive and more independent. Also taught me that being alone is fine :smile:.
Original post by Slx.24
Dismissive/avoidant

Interesting, it's defo true, but it's like I like caring for others but never want anyone to ask how I feel or want them to really check up on me idk

How do you feel hino? are you really okay? you seem a bit off..
Dismissive/Avoidant.
secure :biggrin:
MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER wait a second aren't you a female iirc... LIAR
Disorganised/fearful-avoidant
Disorganized /Fearful-Avoidant. Not surprised. The romantic relationship questions shouldn't have been there though.
LIAR! YOU ARE NO FEMALE! It's right there in the name! CoochieMan YOU'RE MALE!

Once I get on something, I never get off. Just ask my ex- she suffocated several years ago though.

Original post by summerbirdreads
Disorganized /Fearful-Avoidant. Not surprised. The romantic relationship questions shouldn't have been there though.

Triplets with me and Cooch apparently :rofl:
Original post by Callicious
LIAR! YOU ARE NO FEMALE! It's right there in the name! CoochieMan YOU'RE MALE!

Once I get on something, I never get off. Just ask my ex- she suffocated several years ago though.

Triplets with me and Cooch apparently :rofl:

You tortured me with that male calling thing... a certain used even thought I was a dude thanks to you :angry:.
you sprouted a tree?!?!?!
Attachment not found
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous

I got Disorganized / fearful-avoidant,whats that mean?

Fearful-Avoidant
Original post by hungrysalamander
This quiz is based on the assumption that both of your parents were present throughout your childhood.:colonhash:

It did ask if they were present :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest