The Student Room Group

A-level Chemistry AQA

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could send me the redox equations that you are just meant to know in A-level Chemistry? It would be really appreciated!!
Original post by skyeforster15
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could send me the redox equations that you are just meant to know in A-level Chemistry? It would be really appreciated!!

I think allery chemistry and elliot riotous have them on their channels but I may be wrong
Do you mean the ones where you add a sodium halide to sulphuric acid?
Original post by Moocow001
I think allery chemistry and elliot riotous have them on their channels but I may be wrong
Do you mean the ones where you add a sodium halide to sulphuric acid?

Hello, It's just the general redox equations you are meant to know like how a sulfate ion of 2+ goes to a sulfate ion of 3+ because I was doing a question which I found someone do on here and there was this equation, which they said you are just meant to know for A-level Chemistry. I may be mistaken though. My apologies if that sentence does not make sense because I don't know how to explain it.
Original post by skyeforster15
Hello, It's just the general redox equations you are meant to know like how a sulfate ion of 2+ goes to a sulfate ion of 3+ because I was doing a question which I found someone do on here and there was this equation, which they said you are just meant to know for A-level Chemistry. I may be mistaken though. My apologies if that sentence does not make sense because I don't know how to explain it.

I'm only in the first year atm so I may not have covered it yet depending on the order we are learning in
Yeah, that's totally fine it may be second year because I'm also in my first year but thanks for replying.
I would suggest you learn the rules needed to balance redox equations rather than trying to remember individual equations.

https://science-revision.co.uk/A-level_redox_complex_reactions.html
Original post by scimus63
I would suggest you learn the rules needed to balance redox equations rather than trying to remember individual equations.

https://science-revision.co.uk/A-level_redox_complex_reactions.html

Yeah, I know all the rules already. It's just that there are some equations which you have to know the ions they form that's all, but it is probably in the second year.

Quick Reply

Latest