The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

gcse grades for LSE

can anyone who got into LSE, or kings or UCL tell me what gcse grades they got, because i want to know if mine will affect my chances, also does anyone recommend to do 4 a levels and does anyone know if doing 4 aleves will boost,affect my chances of getting into LSE UCL or kings
doing 4 alevels does nothing/if anything brings you down in terms of dividing your time w revision. unis would prefer A*AA than AABC.

(someone pls correct me if im wrong lol)

idk abt gcse grades tho sorry :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
thank youuu :smile:
I also cannot comment much on the GCSE part of your question, but it may help for you to tell us what GCSE grades you are predicted to get and what course you want to do

As far as doing 4 a levels goes, unless the uni course really specifies for it, and they never really do to be honest, i wouldnt do 4. Like @TazmeenX said, doing 4 will be likely to bring down your overall grades. Just pick three that you will enjoy and will be the most beneficial to you
It depends. I got all B's at GCSE with one A and A* and got offers from LSE and KCL. It's course dependant.
Reply 5
Original post by Year12Studentt
It depends. I got all B's at GCSE with one A and A* and got offers from LSE and KCL. It's course dependant.

im predicted a 5 in gcse french because im doing foundation, then the rest are 7s 8s and 9s and one 6. i was just stressing about if i should do french higher because i dont want that one grade 5 to effect my chances
(edited 1 year ago)
For LSE it's quite dependent on course how important GCSEs are/what they expect. For stuff like economics, probably pretty high results. For something less popular like sociology, probably more average ones are ok.
Original post by kennym205
can anyone who got into LSE, or kings or UCL tell me what gcse grades they got, because i want to know if mine will affect my chances, also does anyone recommend to do 4 a levels and does anyone know if doing 4 aleves will boost,affect my chances of getting into LSE UCL or kings

I have a UCL economics offer with gcse grades 9999888877, based on the grades youve given your GCSEs look fine. Dw about one subject that is a 5, as long as maths/ english is 7 and above then its all good. So you'd defo be fine for UCL and KCL, but ive heard that LSE for certain subjects (like economics) is relatively strict on gcses.

Id also probs say to not do 4 a levels, unless the fourth one is further maths. I go to one of the best schools in the UK for a level performance, and even here Id say that most took 4 alevels but then like 50% dropped the fourth subject after year 12. That being said if its further maths or youre really smart then go for it, and if doesnt work out then drop it.
Reply 8
thank you so much. i was debating on doing 4 but everyone is saying the same thing, so im just going to do 3
I got rejected for ucl for chemeng cause my GCSEs weren’t strong enough. I got 887766663 . The grade was 3 was in exam pe and 8s in maths and english. Even tho i am contextual candidate for personal reasons. I got an offer at notts which is better then ucl for my course. I just wanted to go ucl cause its just a free train stops near me lol.
But yeh ucl rejected me as I wasn’t too strong as an applicant due to GCSEs. Kinda annoyed buh oh well.
Original post by Anonymous
I got rejected for ucl for chemeng cause my GCSEs weren’t strong enough. I got 887766663 . The grade was 3 was in exam pe and 8s in maths and english. Even tho i am contextual candidate for personal reasons. I got an offer at notts which is better then ucl for my course. I just wanted to go ucl cause its just a free train stops near me lol.
But yeh ucl rejected me as I wasn’t too strong as an applicant due to GCSEs. Kinda annoyed buh oh well.

“few” *

Quick Reply