The Student Room Group

Epq to get into desired uni course

Hii, this maybe a long shot but I’ll ask. So, I recently had a meeting with my college career advisor and I was telling him about how I want a job in healthcare and I’m particularly in diagnostic radiography but I don’t have the right subjects so I probably won’t get onto a course. He then said I could take up epq next year (I’m in y12) and write about diagnostic radiography and why I’m interested in the course (kind of like a personal statement but not really) and then also get really good and ALOT of work experience to show how dedicated I am. So my question is do you think this will work? (He also said I could do a human biology course online and gain a certificate which will also show how dedicated I am) sorry for this being so long x
What subjects are you doing?
If a course says that an A-level is required, it is required. No amount of extra-curriculars or work experience or EPQs will change that. If you really don't have the subjects required, I would advise either re-taking year 12 with the right subjects or looking into a foundation year
(edited 1 year ago)
An EPQ is not an A level.
It can't be counted as an A level.
This won't work as above, and the proposed EPQ idea doesn't seem to be in line with the actual requirements for an EPQ and will probably not score highly in the EPQ as a result anyway.

As above, you should look to change subjects now, or keep your current subjects and do well in them, then apply to a course with a foundation year.
Reply 6
Original post by DataVenia
What subjects are you doing?

French, sociology and health and social care l3
Original post by berrybeom

Other NHS jobs - https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles/explore-roles
Not Going to Uni will show you the sort of opportunities are available in your area - https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/
Original post by berrybeom

If I remember correctly, some universities WILL accept H&S care diplomas subject to them being satisfied there was enough science content. There's only about 30 universities which offer DR so it's not many to check the entry requirements for. If you can see any that accept H&S email the admissions team with your exact course and modules you've taken/will be taking, along with your A levels and ask whether you'd meet the requirements.

As other posters have said, the entry requirements are the entry requirements - especially for such a competitive course. If what you've taken isn't enough, you could apply to do a foundation year. I think Derby for one offers a foundation year.

Quick Reply

Latest