The Student Room Group

I am scared Putin will use a nuke against the UK

I read about Putin testing something called Satan II capable of destroying the UK, it has got me scared he is going to use it soon, anyone else scared we will get nuked by Putin?

Scroll to see replies

No.
Nuking the UK would mean the end of Russia.
Putin would never do that.
If he does then he will be turned into a charred mini-kebab within minutes.
Original post by the bear
If he does then he will be turned into a charred mini-kebab within minutes.

Mini-kebab?
How big are your kebabs?
:lol:
Original post by sufys
Mini-kebab?
How big are your kebabs?
:lol:

let's just say that Mad Vlad is not the tallest tree in the forest :teehee:
Don't worry, he won't.
Wouldn't risk starting Armageddon by making Russia, Belarus and all their allies magnets for dozens of NATO nukes.
Vlad may be bad but he's not MAD.

See what I did there?
Original post by uberteknik

See what I did there?

no
Original post by sufys
no

MAD=mutually assured destruction
Original post by hungrysalamander
MAD=mutually assured destruction

Oh my. How did I not realise?
Original post by uberteknik

See what I did there?

he is just.... different :h:

vlad.png
Even if he was crazy enough to start a nuclear war, and even if the military brass would allow it to happen (they won’t), why would the UK even be his preferred target?
Original post by Anonymous
I read about Putin testing something called Satan II capable of destroying the UK, it has got me scared he is going to use it soon, anyone else scared we will get nuked by Putin?

Just sable-rattling. Ne worry pas. :smile:

Nope!

He would never do that.

As long as we don't put boots on the ground he won't have a reason to attack us. Also he knows if he does trike us we have the capability to strike back.We also have the best special forces in the world so they will be mobilised. Our aircraft like the Typhoon out class the Russians ageing fighters and also we are a NATO member so he attacks us he attacks 32 other countries as well including the huge US Army. We may be smaller than Russia but be are much more well trained and have NATO backing us it would be a very stupid idea to attack us because of that also look at how Ukraine are resisting if they can do that think how he'd stand up to NATO his forces just seem weaker right now. Yes there are lot's of them but they aren't as well trained as many other countries.
Original post by hyped22
Even if he was crazy enough to start a nuclear war, and even if the military brass would allow it to happen (they won’t), why would the UK even be his preferred target?

Well given some of his recent comments...
Don’t worry Elon musk will fight him
Does that mean I won't have to sit A level exams??
I just hope it doesn't hit my lovely new motorbike.

hi lovely,

all this talk of nukes is extremely worrying and I get where you're coming from. HOWEVER, you can take a breath and take it easy, Putin would not do that. Nuclear bombs have the capacity to send the world into a nuclear winter, which means everyone would be affected by their detonation, including Russia. Furthermore, as part of NATO, if UK got attacked every single NATO country (most are armed with nukes) would barrage Russia-Essentially ending them. Putin understands that politically he cannot afford to nuke without digging his own grave along with it. Also, the UK has not provoked Russia enough to justify that kind of attack.

He is probably testing nukes as a tactic to intimidate UK and US to back down, as North Korea did a few years ago. But every single world leader understands that nuclear war means doom for everyone.

So no need to worry, no world leader-even Putin wants to cause that amount of damage <3

Quick Reply

Latest