The Student Room Group

From Anorexia to bulking up: Not used to being gawped at

When I was underweight, I was beige -- no one looked at me. I was so thin that colleagues said I needed to put on weight. I faded into the wallpaper. I weighed 61kg for 180cm bloke.
It took YEARS to recover. Now I have bulked up considerably and getting looks on the streets from a lot and a lot of female interest. Women smiling at me, and everything. I like it, but at the same time, I am not used to it.

Also I am 33 now, and I felt like I have wasted the majority of my youth battling this condition. Is it too late? I am full of regret for this not being sooner..
Original post by Anonymous
When I was underweight, I was beige -- no one looked at me. I was so thin that colleagues said I needed to put on weight. I faded into the wallpaper. I weighed 61kg for 180cm bloke.
It took YEARS to recover. Now I have bulked up considerably and getting looks on the streets from a lot and a lot of female interest. Women smiling at me, and everything. I like it, but at the same time, I am not used to it.

Also I am 33 now, and I felt like I have wasted the majority of my youth battling this condition. Is it too late? I am full of regret for this not being sooner..

Too late for?
Original post by sufys
Too late for?

To have my teenage years of experimenting, etc...
To have my teenage years of experimenting, etc...

You are very far from your teenage years...
but you can do experimenting.
Original post by sufys
You are very far from your teenage years...
but you can do experimenting.

Yes that's what I meant... I feel like I am a little later in life.
Reply 5

No it's not too late.
Enjoy yourself. You don't want to be in your 50s regretting you didn't do the things you wanted to do in your 30s.
Reply 6

were you actually anorexic or just underweight?
Original post by Ciel.

I weighed was very underweight and still couldn't believe I was thin. I was severely neglected by my GP who did nothing. I was never diagnosed, if that's what you are asking..
Original post by Ciel.

Why do you ask?
You’ve got decades ahead of you, make the most of them. The past is just that
Original post by Intheend:(
You’ve got decades ahead of you, make the most of them. The past is just that

I mean after 35 you start to lose bone, muscle.

That happens to everyone though.

There's guys in their 40s+ who have been able to maintain muscle. Even in their 50s.
Are you sure this is the correct site for this? Maybe try Reddit, r/selfimprovement
Original post by LawApplicant03
Are you sure this is the correct site for this? Maybe try Reddit, r/selfimprovement

What do you mean? What's wrong with posting it on here?
What do you mean? What's wrong with posting it on here?

This site is mostly full of teens to young adults - you could relate and ask for advice on a subreddit that doesn't really have much of age demographic. So you'll get more responses and people who have had similar experiences/are experiencing.
Reply 16
I weighed was very underweight and still couldn't believe I was thin. I was severely neglected by my GP who did nothing. I was never diagnosed, if that's what you are asking..

it's probably cause you're a guy
Why do you ask?

just curious, i guess. it's kinda rare to find other guys with that sort of issues. i'm underweight myself and i love the way i look but it's annoying how weak my body is lol

Your 33 ur not old at all,people act like coz there old they think there done and cant do it.the only age where your done is when ur dead.your still alive so go for it if u want, and you got any tips for me im a skinny guy too and i wanna gain some weight.

Quick Reply

Latest