Ucl second masters

Watch this thread
AronS98
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
[academic progression justification form] Guys, I was asked to upload an academic progression justification form on 24th February, and I believe that form will be used during immigration (student visa, I am from China). So, does that mean I have a great chance of getting in? Cuz if I didn't meet the entry requirements, there's no need to send me this form to complete it.
AlanT12
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Sound like just an initial check before they actually consider you.
stevenball
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AronS98)
[academic progression justification form] Guys, I was asked to upload an academic progression justification form on 24th February, and I believe that form will be used during immigration (student visa, I am from China). So, does that mean I have a great chance of getting in? Cuz if I didn't meet the entry requirements, there's no need to send me this form to complete it.
I also applied to UCL for a second master's degree. I emailed them regarding the academic progression statement and here is what they said:

Please don’t worry about the academic progression for now. If your application is successful and you are given an offer, you will be asked to complete an academic progression form. It is quite rare for a second master’s degree to be refused, as long as sufficient reasoning is given on the form.

When I sent out my academic progression form, I received an offer after one or two weeks. If you don't mind me asking what programme are you applying for now?
Last edited by stevenball; 3 weeks ago
AronS98
Rep:
(Original post by stevenball)
I also applied to UCL for a second master's degree. I emailed them regarding the academic progression statement and here is what they said:

Please don’t worry about the academic progression for now. If your application is successful and you are given an offer, you will be asked to complete an academic progression form. It is quite rare for a second master’s degree to be refused, as long as sufficient reasoning is given on the form.

When I send out my academic progression form, I received an offer after one or two weeks. If you don't mind me asking what programme are you applying for now?
Omg buddy, you are so sweet and that message is absolutely informative! And btw the programme I'm applying for is MSc Engineering with Finance.
AronS98
Rep:

When I sent out my academic progression form, I received an offer after one or two weeks. If you don't mind me asking what programme are you applying for now?
Hey Steven, I'd like to ask that when did you get your offer? And for which programme? Also, do you have heard anything about the me department? Forgive me if that's too many questions.
stevenball
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey Steven, I'd like to ask that when did you get your offer? And for which programme? Also, do you have heard anything about the me department? Forgive me if that's too many questions.
Hey AronS98, I applied for MSc in Software Systems Engineering in late December and received an offer in early March. Sorry, I haven't heard anything from the ME department. Good luck on your application!
AronS98
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey AronS98, I applied for MSc in Software Systems Engineering in late December and received an offer in early March. Sorry, I haven't heard anything from the ME department. Good luck on your application!
Buddy, would you mind me adding you on WhatsApp? If not, what's your number?^^
deepym8
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
hey AronS98, I have also received the same form request back in March but have no updates since, have you heard back on the application result?
AronS98
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by deepym8)
hey AronS98, I have also received the same form request back in March but have no updates since, have you heard back on the application result?
Chill it man! I got my offer from ucl today!
Mahi_m
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hey guys,
Thank you so much for this thread. It is very informative.
I also received an email yesterday to submit the academic progression form and was worried since then.
Mahi_m
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Hi all,

Can u please tell me how many days it took for the uni to give u the offer after submitting the academic progression form?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads