BA Games Art at UAL (College of Communication) or BA Illustration at AUB

Watch this thread
lapinda
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi there! I'm an applicant for both of the courses listed in the title and I'm struggling with picking one. I am local to the Bournemouth course and have visited the campus and attended an interview, which I really enjoyed and liked the lecturers I've spoken to. It's a safe and comfortable option for me.But my heart wants to go with the UAL option! I'm a bit concerned because the Games Art course is completely new starting this year, meaning I'll be one of the first to study it - this is a big risk in itself. As well as my mental health - I think this is a great opportunity to grow as a person. Can anyone else who struggles with mental health issues let me know how it is studying in London away from friends and family?Everyone I've spoken to about it has told me to go for the London option. The opportunities will be undeniably great and it's what I want to do, but I just don't know!Thanks
avaliu
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I'm an offer holder for the games art course at UAL too and im in the same situation. I'd probably check out the help and support that UAL could provide for you, especially bc it's hard to live away from ur friends and family.

It's been a while since this post though, so have u picked a uni yet? Good luck!
lapinda
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!

Yeah definitely, since I posted this I've obviously done a lot more thinking and stuff, and I've decided that I want to give UAL a go, otherwise I might regret it! I don't think the worst case scenario isn't too bad, so I will be okay! Just have to sort out finance and accommodation and all that now.

Good luck to you too!
(Original post by avaliu)
Hi, I'm an offer holder for the games art course at UAL too and im in the same situation. I'd probably check out the help and support that UAL could provide for you, especially bc it's hard to live away from ur friends and family.

It's been a while since this post though, so have u picked a uni yet? Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads