The Student Room Group

I've been rejected from my dream uni for Law. idk what to really do now

I applied for law at KCL and that was my goal ever since decided I wanted to do law, I have family in London and friends, not to mention that I've spoken to KCL student who have told me what it's like and I've just been rejected and offered history instead but I really want to do a law degree and hopefully 1 day get a PhD and really still want to become a barrister. I'm not sure what to do? the reason I was rejected was because my application wasn't as strong compared to the other applicants, i applied bk in october and since then done more legal work exp, become the elected student governor for all 8 of my college campuses met MPs and the local Mayor worked with charities and universities at political science fairs, won the first debate competition for my college and founded the law society and chess club at my college, and so much as well as my predicted grades being raised. What should I do? I really want to go kings but I'm already behind a year because I chose BTECs first instead of A levels? I dont want to waste another year (sorry for going on for so long)
Reply 1
Where else have you applied? Taking a year out to work, have some fun and gain maturity isn’t a waste of a year.
Do you have offers for law from any other universities?

If you do then your choice is a simple one. Would you rather do history at KCL or law somewhere else? As you "really want to do a law degree and hopefully 1 day get a PhD and really still want to become a barrister", then I suspect your choice will be law somewhere else.

What was it about the law course at KCL which appealed so much? You say that you "have family in London and friends", which implies that it might be a location thing. Did you apply for law at LSE and/or UCL too? Those are both highly rated for law and are in London.
Reply 3
Why not attend KCL for postgraduate? One rejection isn't that deep. If you really think it is, apply the next year but improve your PS from before.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
Do you have offers for law from any other universities?

If you do then your choice is a simple one. Would you rather do history at KCL or law somewhere else? As you "really want to do a law degree and hopefully 1 day get a PhD and really still want to become a barrister", then I suspect your choice will be law somewhere else.

What was it about the law course at KCL which appealed so much? You say that you "have family in London and friends", which implies that it might be a location thing. Did you apply for law at LSE and/or UCL too? Those are both highly rated for law and are in London.

It was the students as well as kings itself, with a well known debating society, lectures are well known in their respective field and I've heard alot of good things about them and about the university and the opportunities that are given for work exp, for example studying law abroad in the states or in france, which I know other colleges offer, but even the social life of kings, has been known to better that UCL LSE, and ik university is what you make but generally speaking.
Lots of other Universities out there that have good law courses at undergraduate level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending