The Student Room Group

A level Religious Studies (OCR) students

Hi guys,

I’m yet to see a thread for A level RE students under the OCR exam board so I made one :smile: but AQA and others are welcome too!

I’m in year 13 and I feel like it’s a LOT of content but thankfully the advance information cut out so much content ( thank GOD we don’t have to do religious language 😭 I hate Wittgenstein and all that)

What’s you guys favourite topic in RE? I love everything under ethics but I HATEEEEE DCT so much omg it’s so much more complex and we barely even had a good teacher for more than half the course so it’s mostly self taught. Feel free to share your thoughts and your favourite topics or even ask for help if you require any :smile:
Original post by 03loxtwo
Hi guys,

I’m yet to see a thread for A level RE students under the OCR exam board so I made one :smile: but AQA and others are welcome too!

I’m in year 13 and I feel like it’s a LOT of content but thankfully the advance information cut out so much content ( thank GOD we don’t have to do religious language 😭 I hate Wittgenstein and all that)

What’s you guys favourite topic in RE? I love everything under ethics but I HATEEEEE DCT so much omg it’s so much more complex and we barely even had a good teacher for more than half the course so it’s mostly self taught. Feel free to share your thoughts and your favourite topics or even ask for help if you require any :smile:

weird! DCT is my fav!! I really need help with ethics and like essay structure and plans- do yk any good resources?
Reply 2
Original post by ellielovescats
weird! DCT is my fav!! I really need help with ethics and like essay structure and plans- do yk any good resources?

Damn lucky you DCT is generally harder than the others 😞 for ethics I think you should check out Ben wardles videos I love the way he explains things and I think therefore I teach” she has helped me so much!. Websites are limited though I only found revisionworld with the basic concepts.

As for the structure for an essay, you need to have a clear thesis at the beginning where you outline the controversy/ debate and then state your line of argument whether you agree or disagree. Then preferably 3 main body paragraphs. A01 point and explain, criticise it and then respond to the criticism with a mini conclusion at the end of every paragraph, for example this is why the statement is fallible/ credible”

At the end you need to basically summarise your main points again with a conclusion and always repeat your line of argument so it’s clear, it’s also very beneficial to make synoptic links between topics because it gets you that A/A*. Hope it helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending