purpleviolet09
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi there

I have been invited to interview and they ask me to create a micro teaching session to be delivered in less than 10 min. I'm applying for secondary school PGCE MFL but it doesn't need to be subject related. It could be about any skills, hobbies, etc. But tbh I'm stuck on ideas!! Anyone could give me some ideas about what could I do? Thanks!
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by purpleviolet09)
I have been invited to interview and they ask me to create a micro teaching session...
Does it not seem a reasonable assumption that they are interested in your ideas, rather than those of some random user on TSR?

Perhaps, given the broad scope, they are trying to assess your creativity?
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by purpleviolet09)
Hi there

I have been invited to interview and they ask me to create a micro teaching session to be delivered in less than 10 min. I'm applying for secondary school PGCE MFL but it doesn't need to be subject related. It could be about any skills, hobbies, etc. But tbh I'm stuck on ideas!! Anyone could give me some ideas about what could I do? Thanks!
Hi purpleviolet09,
I am a MFL teacher so I am a bit biased but I would suggest that in your situation, I would maybe plan a micro-lesson rooted in the culture of the target language countries ( either Spain, France or Germany depending on the language you speak). It could be about a festival, a tradition, a sport, a song, a recipe, a sporting event... Using this to teach vocabulary or a grammar point but at the same point using the topic to raise cultural awareness which is an integrant part of MFL teaching but which is also usually very engaging for students e.g: many years ago when it was the Tour de France centenary, I used lots of facts on the Tour to revise higher numbers in French but also introduce the vocabulary to what is a truly unique French event and also reflected my personality as I am a keen cyclist. It obviously needs to be pitched to the level/ age of students you need to prepare it for.
I hope this helps.
Laure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (25)
25.77%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (53)
54.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.12%

Watched Threads