The Student Room Group

Who will win this season's Champions League?

With just 4 teams remaining, who is coming out on top?
Hopefully City but Liverpool have the best chance.
Original post by 8013
With just 4 teams remaining, who is coming out on top?

Manchester City or Real Madrid.
Reply 3
japan food will win all!!!
I'm resigned to it being Liverpool. Would love to be proven wrong.
I hope for Liverpool, if any. Villarreal as a big surprise would be nice, but after a 0-2 defeat in the first leg I don't think so.
Original post by sr90

It's gonna happen mate, Liverpool are winning the quadruple. I'll resign myself to the Vanarama, at least its sufferable down there...
Original post by Kallisto
I hope for Liverpool, if any. Villarreal as a big surprise would be nice, but after a 0-2 defeat in the first leg I don't think so.

Villarreal are out now, after a 3-2 defeat to Liverpool in the 2nd leg.
They were 2-0 up in the first half! Threw it due to the keeper.
Reply 8
Original post by sr90

You dislike them?
Original post by 8013
You dislike them?

one of the most hated clubs in England, if not the most hated on a fan level.
Real Madrid will be crowned champions of Europe this season for a record-extending 14th time.
Original post by IanDangerously
Real Madrid will be crowned champions of Europe this season for a record-extending 14th time.

Liverpool will win 3 - 1 in the final, Salah gets his revenge, and will nab their 7th champions league title (2nd under Klopp) on the 28th of May.
Madrid, me thinks. But anyways whichever team wins gains me as a lifetime supporter, so alot is at stake on the 28th of May.
Original post by jadedjuggs
Liverpool will win 3 - 1 in the final, Salah gets his revenge, and will nab their 7th champions league title (2nd under Klopp) on the 28th of May.

Liverpool may have won it 6 times historically but none of their current squad or their manager have ever won it more than once. Half of Real Madrid’s team are going for their 5th title managed by the coach with the most titles in the CL era. Not to mention Liverpool are a point off the top of the league in England and Real are 15pts clear in Spain and already won the title.

Only the English media would have anyone believe Liverpool aren’t way out of their depth in this final 😂
Reply 14

Because you are a Man Utd fan?
kind of feel like its going to be real madrid
Liverpool may have won it 6 times historically but none of their current squad or their manager have ever won it more than once. Half of Real Madrid’s team are going for their 5th title managed by the coach with the most titles in the CL era. Not to mention Liverpool are a point off the top of the league in England and Real are 15pts clear in Spain and already won the title.

Only the English media would have anyone believe Liverpool aren’t way out of their depth in this final 😂

How does the fact that Real's current team has won more CL than Liverpool change the fact that Liverpool's squad is arguably the strongest in the world with now considerable depth than previously they haven't before.

Their team is a chance-creating machine, laying it on plate after plate for world class finishers like Salah or Mane to score. On the other end of the pitch, Real has to face Van Dijk and Alisson, a completely different proposition to Karius and Lovren.

Also, Real's flukey victories against City, Chelsea and PSG have all at the come at the comfort of the Bernabeau. How are they going to recreate the same conditions of home advantage at Paris?

I would point out that this is the 3rd CL final in 5 years for most of the Liverpool squad so it has plenty of experience.

The longevity of the Madrid squad is super impressive but also shows how old a lot of them have become together. Look at that Real Madrid's combined age in midfield!

I fancy it as a pretty even final - hard to tell who will win since it could be decided by some mistakes or wonder goal by either side.

Quick Reply

Latest