The Student Room Group

How can i balance my revision for subjects?

I'm currently in year 12 studying Biology, business and geography. I find biology much harder than business and geography and have basically been revising just biology because theres so much content i need to go over again. However, because of this i feel like im neglecting revision for geography and business, and although i find them easier, i still need to go over them which I have not been doing because of prioritising biology. What should i do to balance it? I'm stressed because theres quite a bit of content in biology i really dont get so when im not revising it i feel like i should be.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by benparr232
I'm currently in year 12 studying Biology, business and geography. I find biology much harder than business and geography and have basically been revising just biology because theres so much content i need to go over again. However, because of this i feel like im neglecting revision for geography and business, and although i find them easier, i still need to go over them which I have not been doing because of prioritising biology. What should i do to balance it? I'm stressed because theres quite a bit of content in biology i really dont get so when im not revising it i feel like i should be.

Make sure you continue revising all but if you know you’re struggling with one subject it’s good to focus on that. If you know there’s certain parts of business or geography that you want to go over or work on more definitely do them.

Ps how is a level geography in terms of writing and exams. i was doing it but stupidly dropped out right before the first mock exam. Just wondering if i should repick it this september, it’s a hard choice because the college i went to and am going to supposedly isn’t funded for giving out as level certifications, only a level certificates.
Reply 2
Original post by wnbrn_
Make sure you continue revising all but if you know you’re struggling with one subject it’s good to focus on that. If you know there’s certain parts of business or geography that you want to go over or work on more definitely do them.

Ps how is a level geography in terms of writing and exams. i was doing it but stupidly dropped out right before the first mock exam. Just wondering if i should repick it this september, it’s a hard choice because the college i went to and am going to supposedly isn’t funded for giving out as level certifications, only a level certificates.

thanks a lot for the advice. Honestly geography so far really is not too bad for exams. Im doing wjec spec not aqa or educas so im not too sure how different it is but the longest questions we get are ten markers and the questions aren't really worded bad. The content honestly is really not that hard, especially if you did it at gcse. If you find learning about volcanoes and the coast interesting i would say its definitely worth doing, although the human side is a bit boring tbh. Also, case studies arent really that bad because you just have to remember just a few facts from like 2-3 different ones. So yeah i'd say its definitely worth doing if you have an interest.
Reply 3
Original post by benparr232
thanks a lot for the advice. Honestly geography so far really is not too bad for exams. Im doing wjec spec not aqa or educas so im not too sure how different it is but the longest questions we get are ten markers and the questions aren't really worded bad. The content honestly is really not that hard, especially if you did it at gcse. If you find learning about volcanoes and the coast interesting i would say its definitely worth doing, although the human side is a bit boring tbh. Also, case studies arent really that bad because you just have to remember just a few facts from like 2-3 different ones. So yeah i'd say its definitely worth doing if you have an interest.

Thank you, i believe my college is aqa so they have 20 markers as well as an nea as part of the exams.

Quick Reply

Latest