How much would you pay for a t-shirt? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wouldn't pay more than £2. Anything above that is a rip-off.
glance
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Like £5 from a market
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You can make t-shirts on computers these days too.
Danielle_89
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
You can make t-shirts on computers these days too.
Yeh - well you can print a design onto them. I might try that. SnappySnaps does it too.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no more than about 15...maybe 20 if it had long sleeves (not really a tshirt anymore tho i guess)
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's a T shirt!!
I put £10 or under as I cannot justify spending a lot on just a T shirt! I try to be careful with money too.
I think over £40 is getting ridiculous, even for designer ones.
Sales & outlets people!

Surely if it was some amazing top, not a T shirt, that is then I might be prepared to pay more. It all depends a lot on the item itself, brand, quality, original price etc.

I know I voted in this, but I actually don't know how much I'd pay. It would really depend on the top.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by No Future)
It's a T shirt!!
I put £10 or under as I cannot justify spending a lot on just a T shirt! I try to be careful with money too.
I think over £40 is getting ridiculous, even for designer ones.
Sales & outlets people!
Outlet? You mean different branches of the same shop? I thought they all had harmonised prices? :s
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
Outlet? You mean different branches of the same shop? I thought they all had harmonised prices? :s
I mean like Bicester Village outlets where they sell designer clothes for sale prices. I thought that's what a shopping outlet was, where you could buy brand name items for lower prices. They have them in the US too.

http://www.bicester-village.co.uk
Danielle_89
(Original post by No Future)
I mean like Bicester Village outlets where they sell designer clothes for sale prices. I thought that's what a shopping outlet was, where you could buy brand name items for lower prices. They have them in the US too.

http://www.bicester-village.co.uk
Yeh, I go to Bicester now and again, although I never buy anything.
I think that somebody may have been getting outlet confused with branch?
[email protected]
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i wouldn't pay more than £8. Why buy one for say £20 when you could buy four for that price. (Long live Primark!) The most i've paid in the last year is £4. I don't think anyone really cares how much someone elses clothes cost, its more a matter of personal pride.
Slice'N'Dice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Relative. However in the £40 range max.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would be prepared to pay in between £10.00 and £15.00 for a t-shirt, however I get all of mine for less than a fiver (work discount, heh):cool:
Danielle_89
(Original post by [email protected])
i wouldn't pay more than £8. Why buy one for say £20 when you could buy four for that price. (Long live Primark!) The most i've paid in the last year is £4. I don't think anyone really cares how much someone elses clothes cost, its more a matter of personal pride.
Perhaps because the one for £20 may look a lot nicer? I appreciate that not everyone is into fashion, though.
happydinosaur
Report 14 years ago
Not really more than £20. I Wouldn't have bought my Paul Frank one for £25 only got it because it was £15 so yeh no more than £20
Danielle_89
Do you haggle? My mum haggled for the tracksuit she bought me yesterday...very embarassing!
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by *daniEllE*)
Perhaps because the one for £20 may look a lot nicer? I appreciate that not everyone is into fashion, though.
You can buy nice stuff without paying a lot.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its a T-shirt... £20 MAXIMUM! no matter how cool it is.
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just a bog standard T-shirt? 15 quid. Maybe 20 if it was cool e.g. slogan... Band t-shirts are a bit different but even there i'd draw a definitive line @ 35 quid - cos to be honest - IT'S JUST A T-SHIRT!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads