The Student Room Group

Swollen lump in neck

3 or 4 times a week I get a pretty big swelling on my neck just underneath the jaw. It changes sides but is very tender to touch when it happens.

I googled it and it said lymphoma which obviously would be jumping to the worst conclusion but I can't find what else it might be.

Opinions?
Reply 1
My brother had that and it’s not serious but it is a lymph node - abnormal development of neck leads to it or something. Show your gp and if it is they will schedule an un emergency surgery but this will be in ages as it’s not bad unless it is infected (surgery is to prevent infection) it’s nothing to worry about but just show a doctor and ye.
rather than doctor google, its worth getting it checked out by a doctor to be sure.
Original post by Inc3me
My brother had that and it’s not serious but it is a lymph node - abnormal development of neck leads to it or something. Show your gp and if it is they will schedule an un emergency surgery but this will be in ages as it’s not bad unless it is infected (surgery is to prevent infection) it’s nothing to worry about but just show a doctor and ye.

Thanks for the advice. I feel less worried!

Problem is that it comes randomly so I can't show a GP unless I somehow manage to get an appointment at the exact same time it's showing. I did take a photo which shows it but that's not the same as the doc actually being able to feel it.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the advice. I feel less worried!

Problem is that it comes randomly so I can't show a GP unless I somehow manage to get an appointment at the exact same time it's showing. I did take a photo which shows it but that's not the same as the doc actually being able to feel it.

Oh, idk I’ve never done gp stuff in my life.
Yeah we left it for like 6 month before checked out sooo ye.
And he had the surgery like 5-6 years after getting it.

Quick Reply

Latest