The Student Room Group

PROM: Do people care what car u go in to prom?// does transportation method matter?

Hey everyone,

So, a question about prom, since mine is closely upcoming:

Does it matter what car you go to prom in??

I've heard that all the people there wait outside and watch what car you come in ?? IS THIS TRUE???????? please confirm!!! How did it work @ ur prom??

At first we were gonna get a limo but its way 2 expensive :frown:

tbh i didnt really care about going in a limo, im just worried about others judgements.

Will it really matter if i show up in a 2014 ford?? Maybe just get one of my parents to drop me?

Thanks,
Original post by krystaloceanx
Hey everyone,

I've heard that all the people there wait outside and watch what car you come in ?? IS THIS TRUE???????? please confirm!!! How did it work @ ur prom??

tbh i didnt really care about going in a limo, im just worried about others judgements.

Will it really matter if i show up in a 2014 ford?? Maybe just get one of my parents to drop me?

Thanks,

If this is your school's prom, then remember that these are your classmates, not strangers who are there to criticise your every move. No one, apart from your close friends will really see/care about your method of transportation unless you make a really big show of it. Most people will probably not come in a limo, so you certainly won't be the odd one out.
Some people do care about what other people are wearing to prom and the cars that they come in.
While others only care that they enjoy their prom or get some good photos.
Most of my schools didn't do prom.
Limos are too conventional; you need to arrive on a helicopter to impress people!
On a more serious note, it doesn't matter if you walked yourself there either. If people judge you for your mode of transportation then remember that you won't see them again after prom is over anyways.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey everyone,

Thanks,

It only matters if it matters to you. Nobody else will care for more than ten minutes.

Why not get one of your parents to drop you? If anyone comments on it, say you're spending the money you saved by not hiring a fancy car on (insert something fun and desirable here).
Reply 5
Out school made us go to our leaver's do on a coach to avoid this nonsense
Hey everyone,

Thanks,

I’ve never heard this before. And I don’t mean this in a rude way but you must be very privileged to be embarrassed about a 2014 ford!😂 Most of my year will probably turn up in a bus, as will I, or maybe in my dad’s 2003 van lol
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by anonychocomousse
I’ve never heard this before. And I don’t mean this in a rude way but you must be very privileged to be embarrassed about a 2014 ford!😂 Most of my year will probably turn up in a bus, as will I, or maybe in my dad’s 2003 van lol

A lot of people would be embarassed by having everyone see them driving around in a Ford.
Doesn't give the same vibes as a florescent green vintage mini or one coloured bright orange .:tongue:
Nor a red and black harley davidson motorcycle.
I say this as a very happy Ford owner.
Short answer: no.

My friends and I used a limo. It was expensive, but it was one of those once in a lifetime thing so I didn't mind. Even had one friend arrive on a horse.
But tbh no one actually cares about this stuff. It's more about what goes on during the actual event.

Quick Reply

Latest