The Student Room Group

I heard that US hospitals don't rlly give jobs to people who studied outside US

Is it true
Original post by Roxibox123
Is it true

Most of the residents in our department are FMGs!
Reply 2
Original post by Troy_Tempest
Most of the residents in our department are FMGs!

? ???
? ???

FMGs - foreign medical graduates; i.e., they studied outside the US.
Are they referring to american citizens who studied medicine outside of the usa and canada?
Or foreign citizens with overseas medical degrees who will require a visa and sponship and do have have any close ties to the usa?
Original post by londonmyst
Are they referring to american citizens who studied medicine outside of the usa and canada?
Or foreign citizens with overseas medical degrees who will require a visa and sponship and do have have any close ties to the usa?

This is from another department where a colleague of mine works - obviously, you cannot determine each person's circumstances from the brief bios; however, I think you can come to a tentative conclusion.

https://www.cmich.edu/academics/colleges/college-of-medicine/education/residency/internal-medicine/residents
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst

The second one and what's sponsorship
The second one and what's sponsorship

A lot of usa employment opportunities for overseas nationals require employer sponsorship to cover the immigration fees and any healthcare costs while in the usa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending