Southampton Hartley Grove 2022

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’ve accepted my offer to stay in Hartley Grove in Glen Eyre! Just wondering if there’s anyone on here that will also be at Hartley this year
Uni of Southampton Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve accepted my offer to stay in Hartley Grove in Glen Eyre! Just wondering if there’s anyone on here that will also be at Hartley this year
Hey!
Congrats on your offer! I'm not staying in Hartley Grove this year but I did stay there in my first year. Thought I'd just comment here to say hi and ask if anyone had any questions about the halls?

Daisy (a third-year History official rep)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Uni of Southampton Students)
Hey!
Congrats on your offer! I'm not staying in Hartley Grove this year but I did stay there in my first year. Thought I'd just comment here to say hi and ask if anyone had any questions about the halls?

Thank you for your reply! This might be a bit of a strange question but does Hartley have a specific hob (like an induction) or can I buy just normal saucepans, and do I need any specific single bed sheet or is the standard sized one okay ?
Also, how was your experience at Hartley and did you end up going with your flat mates to freshers ?
(Sorry that was quite a few questions haha!)
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for your reply! This might be a bit of a strange question but does Hartley have a specific hob (like an induction) or can I buy just normal saucepans, and do I need any specific single bed sheet or is the standard sized one okay ?
Also, how was your experience at Hartley and did you end up going with your flat mates to freshers ?
(Sorry that was quite a few questions haha!)
Hi!
No that's not strange at all! It has been about three years since I stayed at Hartley so some things may have changed but when I was there it was just a standard hob. I bought normal saucepans and they worked just fine.

I think the bed was a single so a standard single bedsheet and duvet should be fine. It would be worth checking any information you have to double check this though.

I honestly really enjoyed Hartley. Unfortunately, I couldn't try out a lot of the things I was really excited about using in the summer in Hartley (like the BBQs) because the pandemic began but the time I spent there I really enjoyed. It had good facilities. A bus stop nearby. It was a nice walking distance from my campuses (Highfield and Avenue) and because they were 'quiet halls', there weren't super loud parties every night. I did go out with most of my flatmates during freshers. Some didn't feel up for it or just didn't enjoy that sort of thing but we did spend time together in the flat. Personally, I'm not a massive fan of clubbing, etc and I don't drink alcohol so my flatmates and I mostly went to events like the free cinema screenings and mini-golf (that SUSU) organised. We did also attend a couple of clubbing events though. It was a good way to get to know each other but we became closer friends in the weeks after.

I hope this helps and please feel free to ask any other questions!

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Uni of Southampton Students)
Hi!
No that's not strange at all! It has been about three years since I stayed at Hartley so some things may have changed but when I was there it was just a standard hob. I bought normal saucepans and they worked just fine.

I think the bed was a single so a standard single bedsheet and duvet should be fine. It would be worth checking any information you have to double check this though.

I honestly really enjoyed Hartley. Unfortunately, I couldn't try out a lot of the things I was really excited about using in the summer in Hartley (like the BBQs) because the pandemic began but the time I spent there I really enjoyed. It had good facilities. A bus stop nearby. It was a nice walking distance from my campuses (Highfield and Avenue) and because they were 'quiet halls', there weren't super loud parties every night. I did go out with most of my flatmates during freshers. Some didn't feel up for it or just didn't enjoy that sort of thing but we did spend time together in the flat. Personally, I'm not a massive fan of clubbing, etc and I don't drink alcohol so my flatmates and I mostly went to events like the free cinema screenings and mini-golf (that SUSU) organised. We did also attend a couple of clubbing events though. It was a good way to get to know each other but we became closer friends in the weeks after.

I hope this helps and please feel free to ask any other questions!

Thank you so much, that’s really helpful!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I just got an offer for Hartley accommodation today!
unknown51423
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey! So have I, looking forward to it as i've heard it's a great place to be.
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi Anon and unknown51423

Congrats on your offers to Hartley Grove! As I mentioned, I stayed at Hartley Grove in my first year but wanted to reintroduce myself and ask if you (or anyone else on the forum) had any questions about the halls or uni life in general?

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
30.97%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (67)
43.23%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (38)
24.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.29%

Watched Threads