For Medicine, which university is better? Uni of Manchester or St Andrews?

Watch this thread
jfdsjdn
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just wondering which uni is better, Manchester or St andrews for Medicine?
If you could include your personal thoughts, uni reputation, and other info in your answers that will defo help me!
PhantomMercy
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jfdsjdn)
Just wondering which uni is better, Manchester or St andrews for Medicine?
If you could include your personal thoughts, uni reputation, and other info in your answers that will defo help me!
ecolier could provide some insight (because they're all knowing in the field of studying medicine at uni ), but I believe the reputation of the uni where you do your med degree does not matter and therefore you should choose based on student experience and teaching styles (different unis teach the same content in different ways).
jfdsjdn
Rep:
(Original post by PhantomMercy)
ecolier could provide some insight (because they're all knowing in the field of studying medicine at uni ), but I believe the reputation of the uni where you do your med degree does not matter and therefore you should choose based on student experience and teaching styles (different unis teach the same content in different ways).
Tot agree with u. but in terms of uni reputation which one is ahead?
jfdsjdn
Rep:
(Original post by PhantomMercy)
totally agree with you! but in terms of uni rep, which uni is ahead? so that that factor is done & will put it on a side
PastelColours
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
totally agree with you! but in terms of uni rep, which uni is ahead? so that that factor is done & will put it on a side
Yh but what do you mean by uni reputation? Like which one is well known?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Tot agree with u. but in terms of uni reputation which one is ahead?
If you are using it to apply for med roles in the UK it's irrelevant. Applications are considered 'blind', (with the name of the uni removed), so the reputation doesn't factor in.
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It really isn't important, no-one will ever care, but people are quite impressed with St Andrews when I mention my offer for medicine Small ego boost aha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (42)
26.25%
As I expected (52)
32.5%
Harder (59)
36.88%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.38%

Watched Threads