The Student Room Group

I’m finished

I’ve come to the point where I’ve nearly accepted defeat. I’ve been trying to motivate myself to revise for a good 2 weeks now and nothing has worked. I’ve tried everything and anything, nothing is working. I deleted every social media I have (including YouTube) I still find a way not to revise for the whole day. I’ve watched inspirational YouTube videos. Thinking about how my future will hold depending on my GCSEs still weirdly doesn’t phase me enough to revise. Not to add the fact that I’m not in the best mental state. I feel like I’m worth nothing and I offer nothing to anyone but I still a try to get past that in order to revise, the fact that GCSEs are so close and I have no motivation to revise even completely worsens my mood everyday which demotivates me even more. Idk how to explain it but I’m basically going through it. I don’t how to revise, I’ve tried every method of revision and nothing works for me
(edited 1 year ago)
I have a couple of ideas, im not sure if any of them will work but if you haven't tried them already, maybe give them a go?
1. Try and make it more fun, if you play games to revise the content then might find it a bit easier
2. Build up your revision time, yes GCSEs are very close and its terrifying, but you'll never get anywhere if you try and do loads straight away so maybe start at as little as 20 minutes a day and build up every day
3. go somewhere where you're forced to revise, like if you have a local library where lots of people study, you cant really do anything but study
4. Try and reduce everything you want to do into just 5 minutes, for example if you want to make notes on a topic tell yourself you'll do it for just 5 minutes and it'll seem like a lot less effort and less overwhelming, and there chances are you'll carry on for just a bit longer anyway
5. Try the pomodoro technique where you work for 25 minutes then have a 5 minute break to stay focused, of course you can adjust the length of time for breaks or studying to suit you
6. Make a detailed plan, most people are significantly more likely to do something if they've written it down, maybe even tell you friends or family so they can hold you accountable if you don't do it
7. Figure out the reason why you cant seem to do any revision, whether its fear of failure, perfectionism, burnout, your mental health problems and try and find a solution for it
8. Do a detox, don't touch a screen for a whole day, or even s couple of days if that what it takes, until revision becomes the most interesting thing you have to do. Before then, maybe read some books or go on walks
Hope something helps?
try the pomodoro technique
if u break your revision into 20 minute sessions u might find that easier

Quick Reply

Latest