Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    sloanies don't beat up old women and claim the dole unnecessarily!
    I am sure they do other imoral things though, most chavs don't do that kind of thing either, its just a daft dress sense and a daft way of life. You see it in the posher bars all the time, the scallies mixing with the posh people, yet in the normal bars you don't get posh people or scallies, just normal people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Somebody from the Sloane area of London, i.e Kensington and Chelsea. My dad even went to a school of the same name To be a sloany you're usualy a snob and you mummy and daddy buy a brand new Porche 911 for your birthday.

Nah, all my family are from there. They ain't Sloaneys...

ReputationRep:
    I am sure they do other imoral things though, most chavs don't do that kind of thing either, its just a daft dress sense and a daft way of life. You see it in the posher bars all the time, the scallies mixing with the posh people, yet in the normal bars you don't get posh people or scallies, just normal people.
    que?

ReputationRep:
    its just a daft dress sense and a daft way of life.
    a way of life that just so happens to be associated with petty crime, intimidation, vandalism and obnoxious attitudes. give me a sloaney any day.

You see it in the posher bars all the time, the scallies mixing with the posh people, yet in the normal bars you don't get posh people or scallies, just normal people.
    i've yet to be in a 'posh bar' where there have been a sizable quantity of 'chavs'. there's a lot more to being a chav than wearing sport clothes, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    follow the link to learn about the sloanes.
    www.sloaneys.co.uk
    that did help! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    i love it.
    have we uncovered a cambridge chav? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    have we uncovered a cambridge chav? :eek:
    I did goto the bop yesterday as eminem.

ReputationRep:
    I just find that chavs like to mix with posh people, chavs and posh people both like to dress in short skirts etc. Mind you posh girls are often only posh because they married a rich business man, a lot of posh girls are probably chavs

(I don't mean that all posh girls do this!)

My dads from Kensington and Chelsea, he is not a sloaney either.

ReputationRep:
    anybody here ever spoken to a sloan or chav?

what do they talk about?- just curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I did goto the bop yesterday as eminem.
    :secruity: Did you lose yourself in the music, the moment,
    you own it, you better never let it go .... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    :secruity: Did you lose yourself in the music, the moment,
    you own it, you better never let it go .... :cool:
    for real, especially during "take on me"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainjan_4now)
    anybody here ever spoken to a sloan or chav?

what do they talk about?- just curious
    Speak to a chav? As if! Id sooner see my dog crap on their white trainers.

ReputationRep:
    I just find that chavs like to mix with posh people, chavs and posh people both like to dress in short skirts etc. Mind you posh girls are often only posh because they married a rich business man, a lot of posh girls are probably chavs

(I don't mean that all posh girls do this!)

My dads from Kensington and Chelsea, he is not a sloaney either.
    I think we've got a different definition of the word 'posh', poshness and money aren't directly related - otherwise we might actually have to accept victoria beckham as being posh :eek:

Not all people from ken are sloanes, same as not all people from manchester are chavs...

ReputationRep:
    I think we've got a different definition of the word 'posh', poshness and money aren't directly related - otherwise we might actually have to accept victoria beckham as being posh :eek:

Not all people from ken are sloanes, same as not all people from manchester are chavs...
    Fair enough, I was refering to posh people as people who have money. Maybe the real posh people hang around in all the back streets clubs away from the chavs :p:

I live in the equalant part of Kensington and Chelsea in Manchester. Its full of trendies but they tend to be more down to the earth that the Sloaney stereotype. Actually last night I was playing the part of a Sloaney drinking wine is a posh wine bar :eek: However the next stopping place was Wetherspoons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    Speak to a chav? As if! Id sooner see my dog crap on their white trainers.
    You might be pleasently surprised, some chavs who look like them are not actually chavs. Take Eddie Fire, a mate of a mate, one of the most charming people I have ever met. I am still a bit confused about where he gets his name form though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You might be pleasently surprised, some chavs who look like them are not actually chavs. Take Eddie Fire, a mate of a mate, one of the most charming people I have ever met. I am still a bit confused about where he gets his name form though :confused:
    Nope sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I was refering to posh people as people who have money.
    So Jordan, Ali G, Mel B and Eminemineminem are all posh..?

I live in the equalant part of Kensington and Chelsea in Manchester. Its full of trendies but they tend to be more down to the earth that the Sloaney stereotype. Actually last night I was playing the part of a Sloaney drinking wine is a posh wine bar :eek: However the next stopping place was Wetherspoons.
    As long as the wine wasn't lambrini, you may be reaching sloaniness I haven't met a single person, posh or otherwise, that isn't tempted by the cheapness and cattlemarket-esque atmosphere of JD Wetherspoons.. !

ReputationRep:
    So Jordan, Ali G, Mel B and Eminemineminem are all posh..?

As long as the wine wasn't lambrini, you may be reaching sloaniness I haven't met a single person, posh or otherwise, that isn't tempted by the cheapness and cattlemarket-esque atmosphere of JD Wetherspoons.. !
    I have no idea what it was, probably some cheap crap, it gave me one well of a hangover. Jordan and Mel B are just rich chavs as far as I am concerned, certainly not posh. Victoria Beckham is the queen of chavs.

ReputationRep:
    my brother goes to one of those 'sloany' schools. he is seriously not a sloane! he listens to nirvana and wears a hoodie.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.