The Student Room Group

Do you believe that feeling immediate chemistry with someone can be one sided

For example, you see a complete stranger and share eye contact for a few seconds but feel a warm pleasant connection. That feeling came from the non-verbal contact you two just shared. Do you think this could be one sided? Or do you think something like that is always felt by both people who shared that quick and very simple but memorable moment?
Original post by Anonymous
For example, you see a complete stranger and share eye contact for a few seconds but feel a warm pleasant connection. That feeling came from the non-verbal contact you two just shared. Do you think this could be one sided? Or do you think something like that is always felt by both people who shared that quick and very simple but memorable moment?

Yes of course it can be one sided, the other person probably didn't see it like that from a few seconds of eye contact.

literally experienced this yesterday. i think you can just tell when its mutual

It’s one sided. I can’t lie when I witnessed her with my own eyes I knew she was perfect and the one we worked well together and communicated and understood one and other well. When I told her how I felt about her what she told me how she felt about me is not the same that she needed sometime and it’d be unfair to think or judge.

It tends to be a female thing to smile pleasantly and even in a warm way but just intending to be well excepted. Girls who are attracted tend to do a lot of quick eye movements up and down, flickering eyes if you like. However even then I don't think it's no sure thing, they may already have a guy they are happy with, they may get off on doing it with many men they feel the slightest bit attracted too.

If it's the other way around and it's a guy doing it to a you as a female then he is definitely hot on you, not to say he might already have a gf though.

I personally think that it might tend to be a guy that intiates eyeing up first even if he is not aware of it and women may often be natural reciprocators, not every time but most often. The woman then responds back to what is essentially a non verbal compliment to her physical appearance in my opinion.
Reply 5
I know a thing or two about not getting what someone you're in eye-contact with has inside when they're looking at you. It comes with the territory of having aspergers. I'm older, a mature student and have been through more life experience than you would care about, but it's enough to say a couple things. Don't rely on it as a means of building it up in your head; that's stupid, no offense, we've all done it. Two, don't worry about it, you'll be fine, your feelings are nice as a feeling for you to have, even though you'd be better off getting out of your head which is why you have to stop worrying about stuff that doesn't matter. You'll find yourself in hardship, but there's no shortage of real hardship you need to alleviate by forging your own personal sorrow. You don't need to learn the hard way, I learned the hard way and I'm offering you the learning free of charge. Learn from it.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 84Q
I know a thing or two about not getting what someone you're in eye-contact with has inside when they're looking at you. It comes with the territory of having aspergers. I'm older, a mature student and have been through more life experience than you would care about, but it's enough to say a couple things. Don't rely on it as a means of buildingit up in your head; that's stupid, no offense, we've all done it. Two, don't worry about it, you'll be fine, your feelings are nice as a feeling for you to have, even though you'd be better off getting out of your head which is why you have to stop worrying about stuff that doesn't matter. You'll find yourself in hardship, but there's no shortage of real hardship you need to alleviate by forging your own personal sorrow. You don't need to learn the hard way, I learned the hard way and I'm offering you there learning free of charge. Learn from it.

Actually I'm just bored af and thought about a moment from 5 years ago and decided to ask a question. I have COVID I have a lot of time to sit down and think about irrelevant s**t
Yeah it's called unrequited love.
Original post by Chicken.M.
Yeah it's called unrequited love.

Are you talking from past experience?

I felt this yesterday when I was at a shopping centre. You sort of just know there’s a connection even if they look at you only for a second or more you kinda know intuitively that they are interested in you.
Are you talking from past experience?

Nah just saying theres literally a phrase for it and it's well known lol. So obv it happens.
Reply 11
There’s certainly scope for wishful thinking sadly

Quick Reply

Latest