The Student Room Group

Can’t control when to sleep . Gcse student

Hello,
Im a gcse student who’s doing their first exam in 18 or probably 17 days . I used to have so much motivation towards my studies to the point I would still be awake at 4 am revising and it worked for me but then recently I stopped having the same motivation as before I still have the same goals and I have like a whole checklist to do but still not panicking or worrying much, i am forcing myself to revise but I would sleep on the table. Idk what to do I dont want to regret anything on the results day but still . Guys when I say I sleep too much I mean it idk if its an effect of fasting or not eating well but , i do to sleep after I come from skl and after I break my fast . I NEED HELP PLZZZ ADVICES…
Original post by Atiqa_chik_tikka
Hello,
Im a gcse student who’s doing their first exam in 18 or probably 17 days . I used to have so much motivation towards my studies to the point I would still be awake at 4 am revising and it worked for me but then recently I stopped having the same motivation as before I still have the same goals and I have like a whole checklist to do but still not panicking or worrying much, i am forcing myself to revise but I would sleep on the table. Idk what to do I dont want to regret anything on the results day but still . Guys when I say I sleep too much I mean it idk if its an effect of fasting or not eating well but , i do to sleep after I come from skl and after I break my fast . I NEED HELP PLZZZ ADVICES…

I am getting the feeling you have studied like a lot to the point where you have exhausted yourself and are too tired to sleep (if that makes sense)...how many hours do you spend revising a day?
That’s probably true I used to do minimum of 4-5 hours a day if not 6 after I come from school .
That’s probably true I used to do minimum of 4-5 hours a day if not 6 after I come from school .

That will almost be a full day of studying even after the school hours themselves. I used to revise huge amounts of hours and in the build up of the exam days I had to stop revising altogether as no information was going in my brain at all whatsoever. I had pushed myself way too much.
Reply 4
Hello,

I don't know how you passed your exam, I hope you did well. But going to college or university is a long marathon. And if you don't find the right balance between study and rest, you will lose motivation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending