The Student Room Group

No mark for prototype?!?!

I've just had my NEA grade which I'm disappointed with. I was predicted a 6 and have achieved a 3 in my coursework and do not know why?
My school or teacher won't discuss it as its already been marked by the examining board, not sure what to do and to whether to appeal?

I checked on the AQA site and they have revised the marking and not offering any marks for the actual protoype?

Any tips or advice, I'm now cracking on with revising for the question paper : )
hi! that sucks :frown:

if you feel you deserve a better mark, i think you should appeal. go through and mark places where you think you deserve more marks, and maybe pull up exemplars from aqa to try and convince your teacher first? if that doesn't work, definitely appeal.

yeah, this year there is no mark for making because of covid!
just got my mark back and got 82/100, but im helping my friend appeal as he defiantly did not get as good as he should have.

I think you should appeal but you need to be prepared otherwise they could even make your grade lower. Personally I am going through his NEA and writing down evidence of each mark he should have got quoting his project. The mark scheme is a bit vague (OCR) so you have to use a dictionary to get exact meanings of the words which is annoying. You have two weeks to appeal so don't rush.

good luck :]

Quick Reply

Latest