The Student Room Group

Funding for a second degree in STEM?


I am hoping to enrol onto an Access to HE level 3 Diploma (physics and maths), and go on to study a BSc Honours in physics and astronomy (or similar).

I already have a BAHons degree, and wondered what my options were for funding a further degree in science?

On the gov page about student finance eligibility for undergraduates, there is a section stating that if you already have a degree you can get limited funding for certain subjects including physical sciences. Would this be available to me? Am I right in understanding that to access funding I would need to be doing an integrated masters degree?
If I can’t receive funding for a university, would I be able to have funding for the open university?

I see conflicted information everywhere and want to know if it’s worth me starting the access course only to find I can’t revive further funding for a second degree!

Many thanks! :smile:
For a second degree in physics you would need to study a part time degree.
There’s no funding available for a full time second degree in physics

Quick Reply