The Student Room Group

Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) and tips for Credibility Interviews

Dear International Students,

As part of your admissions process, you will need to apply for a CAS letter which can seem a bit daunting. Therefore, we wanted to make sure you understand what the process involves, making it easier for you to apply for your CAS letter and complete your application.

What is CAS?

If you have applied to study at De Montfort University as an international student, I am sure you have come across this term before. A CAS letter is a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies is an electronic document provided by the university in support of your application for your student visa. When you receive your unconditional offer after meeting our eligibility criteria for your preferred course, you will be required to pay a deposit of £4000 in order to receive your CAS letter.

Please bear in mind that issuance of CAS is an extensive process and typically takes around 6-8 weeks as our Admissions team must ensure necessary UKVI procedures are followed while assigning the CAS letter. One of the procedures involves conducting a credibility interview to determine the acceptability of a student.

Upon receiving your receipt of payment, our International Office will be in touch with you to book your credibility interview with them. It will be a skype interview lasting between 30- 60 minutes. You should expect questions around your reasons for choosing your course, university and UK as a destination to carry out your further education. You will also be required to submit supporting documents that you may require for visa application (evidence of fund maintenance, qualification documents, consent letter) You will be notified with the outcome of your result within 10 working days. If you pass the interview, you will receive your CAS letter. Kindly check your personal details, fees and course details as this will affect your visa application. If you fail to pass the credibility interview, you will have to wait until the next intake to re-apply for the same or different course.

Here is more information and tips for your credibility interview.

If you have any questions about your application, supporting documents, offer letter or visa documents, email [email protected] or phone T: (+44) 0116 207 8443

Remember that while you're contacting the Admissions Team, you must have your reference number/student ID. This will help our Admissions Team to identify you with ease and yield a quicker response time.

Some useful contacts:

DMU Enquiries Team: +44 (0)116 2 50 60 70 or Whatsapp:07970655800

[email protected]

Facebook

Instagram

Alternatively, if there are any questions, please use this thread and we will do our best to answer them and prepare you for your degree at DMU.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to the UK and at DMU and we wish you all the best with your application. 😊

Best Wishes,

Swarda

De Montfort University Enquiry Team
It's been more than a month since I have paid 50% of my tuition fees.I haven't heard back from the university, either about an interview or CAS.I have applied for MSc.Intelligent Systems and Robotics.
Original post by liz_ar777
It's been more than a month since I have paid 50% of my tuition fees.I haven't heard back from the university, either about an interview or CAS.I have applied for MSc.Intelligent Systems and Robotics.

Hi @liz_ar777

CAS is issued after your deposit payment and offer conditions to the university have been met, completed and processed. As your visa is dependent upon CAS being accurate and entire, the process does involve multiple stages to meet UK Government guidance and for this reason does take a minimum of 4 - 6 weeks after payment and conditions have been met, to be issued. We do encourage all students to ensure payments (and any other conditions of offer) are completed on time as per your offer letter, to avoid any delays with you CAS.

Please be assured we are now in CAS issuance period and have begun the process of issuing CAS to eligible applicants. Applicants will receive correspondence by email in relation to this once we reach their application. Owing to volume this could be anytime between now and the end of the summer. We thank you for your patience!

In regards to an interview, please can you elaborate? Please feel free to DM us directly on TSR so we can look into this; as we will be discussing sensitive personal information.

I hope this helps,
- Jesse

Quick Reply

Latest