The Student Room Group

what do you do with the flowers???

if someone gives you flowers at the start of a dinner date, what do you do with them at the restaurant??
put them by your feet?
put them on the table?
should you just not get someone flowers unless its at their house??

help needed please and thank you
Original post by itsbunny_
if someone gives you flowers at the start of a dinner date, what do you do with them at the restaurant??
put them by your feet?
put them on the table?

Hi there

I'd personally put them on the table unless they block the other person out or cause too much inconvenience

If you're buying flowers it may be wise to buy a small - medium bouquet for the above reasons :smile:

Best wishes.
a decent restaurant will find somewhere to store them - Nandos - not so much.
If you are expecting to go on somewhere, maybe forget the flowers as you could be dragging them around all night
Original post by itsbunny_
put them by your feet?
put them on the table?

If he gives you flowers when meeting at the restaurant then while sweet, I would question his organisational abilities I& I were you.
Personally, I'd put them on the table unless they obstruct the other person's view or cause undue inconvenience. For the reasons stated above, it may be best to purchase a small - medium bouquet of flowers when purchasing flowers.
Ask the staff at the restaurant if they can put them in water and keep them somewhere while you’re having your meal.

Quick Reply