The Student Room Group

Help with application needed - do I include retail jobs?

Hi, I'm a mature student, just hit 40, and I've just finished my Bachelors in Health Sciences. I've got the required 2:1 grade, but on the application form for MSc Physiotherapy it asks for "work experience".

Now, going into physiotherapy, some retail jobs may have relevant skills that translate to physiotherapy such as dealing with customers, time keeping etc, but is the form asking for that or just "physiotherapy work experience" like shadowing, volunteering, etc?

The last time I worked in retail was around the start of COVID, so around 2 years ago and it was just a checkout job.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Britdevil
Hi, I'm a mature student, just hit 40, and I've just finished my Bachelors in Health Sciences. I've got the required 2:1 grade, but on the application form for MSc Physiotherapy it asks for "work experience".

Now, going into physiotherapy, some retail jobs may have relevant skills that translate to physiotherapy such as dealing with customers, time keeping etc, but is the form asking for that or just "physiotherapy work experience" like shadowing, volunteering, etc?

The last time I worked in retail was around the start of COVID, so around 2 years ago and it was just a checkout job.

Include everything.
Original post by Britdevil

As above include everything if appropriate, but 'Work experience' more specifically means Physiotherapy experience (volunteering, shadowing). Most Unis require some form of this. Although I wouldn't spend much space listing previous jobs in a personal statement unless its really is relevant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending