rejected with A*A*A*

Watch this thread
ayapapaya
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,

just got rejected from biochem at Bristol with triple A star and an EPQ.
Anyone else rejected with good grades exceeding their typical offer?
Why is it so competitive this year, is there anyway I can appeal it or at least find out specifically why I was rejected?

Thank you
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ayapapaya)
Hi,

Why is it so competitive this year, is there anyway I can appeal it or at least find out specifically why I was rejected?

Thank you
Just because you have good grades doesn't mean you are automatically entitled to an offer...

Did you apply with a Medicine personal statement or something like that?
Last edited by ecolier; 2 months ago
ayapapaya
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
What course?

Just because you have good grades doesn't mean you are automatically entitled to an offer...
No I know but I worked really hard so ofc im upset,
was just asking if theres any way I can appeal.
Biochem ^
ayapapaya
Rep:

Did you apply with a Medicine personal statement or something like that?
Yes you said that already
and no the personal statement was specifically for biochemistry
booklover1313
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I'm really sorry. What were your GCSE grades like?
Have you got some other offers?
ecolier
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
No I know but I worked really hard so ofc im upset,
was just asking if theres any way I can appeal.
Biochem ^
Yes you said that already
and no the personal statement was specifically for biochemistry
Appeal because...? You can only appeal if you think there is a procedural error or a mistake. Do you think one happened here?

Have you asked for feedback about why you were rejected?
ayapapaya
Rep:
8-9's
yeah I just had my heart set on Bristol
lesson learnt though
just weird I dont know where I went wrong yk
ayapapaya
Rep:
Appeal because...? You can only appeal if you think there is a procedural error or a mistake. Do you think one happened here?

Have you asked for feedback about why you were rejected?
Not yet, I was also asking how I would even get feedback.
Do I email student admissions?
ecolier
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Not yet, I was also asking how I would even get feedback.
Do I email student admissions?
Yes, the Biochem department admissions department would be a start.

Who knows, it could be a mistake so you may not even need to "appeal".
username5810050
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
lol peak just email them or look on ur applicant hub there may be an option to request feedback there
MrMemez1
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Thank you
Bro I'm be straight. Uni is literally a gamble and the admissions team is so subjective. Like some guy can get rejected from Bath University but get accepted to Imperial. It is so hit or miss.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Biochem at Bristol is mega-compeitive beciase many Medicine applicants pick it as their 5th choice.
cyangalaxy
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MrMemez1)
Bro I'm be straight. Uni is literally a gamble and the admissions team is so subjective. Like some guy can get rejected from Bath University but get accepted to Imperial. It is so hit or miss.
yeah exactly, I know someone who got into oxford med but no where else
Imperviousness
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It's very competitive this year because there are less spaces due to people deferring as well as in correspondence to inflation from last year.
cyangalaxy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Thank you
where else did you apply? i also applied for biochemistry
ayapapaya
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by cyangalaxy)
where else did you apply? i also applied for biochemistry
Cardiff, Nottingham, Manchester and sussex
but i'm only looking at the first two now
wby?
cyangalaxy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Cardiff, Nottingham, Manchester and sussex
but i'm only looking at the first two now
wby?
Bath, Cardiff, Exeter, Bristol (I got rejected) and Plymouth (biomed) but I’ve firmed Bath and put Cardiff as insurance
bellaprodan
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Thank you
Hiya! You should definitely appeal. Don't listen to the comments, try to appeal and see what they say!!! Good luck, you're super great!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Thank you
I got predicted 4A* and had what I like to think was a good personal statement. The predictions were in maths, chemistry, physics and further maths, so pretty ideal for aeronautical engineering. Not overly bothered because I’ve got an offer from Imperial, but it really does make you wonder. As to appealing, I’m not really sure it’s worth wasting your time with them as you’ll more than likely get a repeat of the (in my case) rather patronising rejection reasoning. But if you really have got your head around going there, then it’s worth a shot. Best of luck with your future plans and I’m sure Bristol will regret rejecting you.
randompanda_
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Thank you
I'm sorry that you got rejected, but those are amazing grades and you should be really proud of your self!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads