The Student Room Group

Foreign students why the UK?

What influenced your decision to come to the UK to study I've seen videos of people flying from lovely looking places (sun beaches and the like) to come here of all places. What made you want to come?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jonathanemptage
What influenced your decision to come to the UK to study I've seen videos of people flying from lovely looking places (sun beaches and the like) to come here of all places. What made you want to come?

Not everyone is from lovely looking places. Some countries in Europe are awful in terms of providing people a good standard of living (particularly countries from Eastern Europe and especially now considering what's happening in east.). There is a problem because the government doesn't care about its people. For example, a lot of countries have military conscriptions, so by coming to the UK, it is possible to avoid the compulsory military service. I think that people should be able to decide whether or not they want to hold a gun, but because the government is garbage and doesn't care about the people, you start hating your own country and then feel like you don't actually have a nationality.

I don't want to offend any people from countries in Europe, but some countries also have terrible job prospects, even if you get a degree. Not a lot of progression for further career development. Some of the best universities and companies are in the UK.
Shocking concept but some people might choose where they study on the basis of academics. Wild I know!
Original post by Anonymous
Not everyone is from lovely looking places. Some countries in Europe are awful in terms of providing people a good standard of living (particularly countries from Eastern Europe and especially now considering what's happening in east.). There is a problem because the government doesn't care about its people. For example, a lot of countries have military conscriptions, so by coming to the UK, it is possible to avoid the compulsory military service. I think that people should be able to decide whether or not they want to hold a gun, but because the government is garbage and doesn't care about the people, you start hating your own country and then feel like you don't actually have a nationality.

I don't want to offend any people from countries in Europe, but some countries also have terrible job prospects, even if you get a degree. Not a lot of progression for further career development. Some of the best universities and companies are in the UK.

yeah fair point but some do.
Oh yeah that would do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending