The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Withdraw to firm?

I have an unconditional offer from LSE and want to firm it. I’m waiting on Warwick and King’s. Should I just withdraw and firm LSE?
Only if you are absolutely certain. I would bear in mind that many people's circumstance change after making their choices.

No real advantage to picking early, LSE should not be allocating accommodation yet.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Year12Studentt
I have an unconditional offer from LSE and want to firm it. I’m waiting on Warwick and King’s. Should I just withdraw and firm LSE?

If you know that you will firm LSE anyway, whatever the response from the other two, then you might as well withdraw from them and get on with planning for your start at LSE. However, if you are still at all undecided, then perhaps hang on - only another 20 days to the deadline...
Original post by Admit-One
Only if you are absolutely certain. I would bear in mind that many people's circumstance change after making their choices.

No real advantage to picking early, LSE should not be allocating accommodation yet.

I checked on LSE’s website and a lot of their accommodation (especially affordable ones) are fully booked, with only catered and shared bathroom options left.
Original post by Admit-One

Unlike most places, LSE uses a 'choose and book' system for accommodation, though? (Rather than the more usual 'express preferences and we'll allocate after results' way of doing it).
Original post by Isinglass
Unlike most places, LSE uses a 'choose and book' system for accommodation, though? (Rather than the more usual 'express preferences and we'll allocate after results' way of doing it).

That is true but undergrads are still guaranteed an allocation if they apply by the early June deadline.

Any undue pressure from LSE regarding accommodation can be reported to UCAS as they take a dim view of it pre-reply deadline.
Still waiting:frown:. LSE have virtually no accommodation left. I’m literally certain that I will firm them but it feels so nerve racking to withdraw.

Quick Reply

Latest