The Student Room Group

A-level AQA History Cold War

Does anyone have any predictions for what the sources and essays will be for this years exam?
i feel like the source will be on kennedy in vietnam, only because they cut out content before and after that short period.

i reckon the essays will be on detente, the 1945-9 period, and maybe one on nixon in vietnam.
Reply 2
Original post by dellam8
i feel like the source will be on kennedy in vietnam, only because they cut out content before and after that short period.

i reckon the essays will be on detente, the 1945-9 period, and maybe one on nixon in vietnam.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. And they had a Kennedy Vietnam essay I think it was in 2018 and I guess there’s not many essays that you could ask about that topic specifically
Original post by Jla244
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. And they had a Kennedy Vietnam essay I think it was in 2018 and I guess there’s not many essays that you could ask about that topic specifically

legit!! one of the only essay questions i found on it was 'how far by 1963 were the us keen to see the removal of diem?'

brutal...
Original post by Jla244
Does anyone have any predictions for what the sources and essays will be for this years exam?

Hi! I don't do Cold War (but I do The Tudors & Nazi Germany). A few people at my Sixth Form do The Cold War, and apparently there's never been a specific question about the Marshall Plan, and the earliest source (chronologically) has been about the Korean War? So their teacher had told them that one of the essays might be on the Marshall Plan, or there may be a 1945-1949 source. :h:
Reply 5
Original post by Liliette
Hi! I don't do Cold War (but I do The Tudors & Nazi Germany). A few people at my Sixth Form do The Cold War, and apparently there's never been a specific question about the Marshall Plan, and the earliest source (chronologically) has been about the Korean War? So their teacher had told them that one of the essays might be on the Marshall Plan, or there may be a 1945-1949 source. :h:

Hey!! I do tudors too. Obviously learning all the content but looking at the info thinking it may be mid Tudor crisis including Elizabeth source?? What are your thoughts on the interpretations and essays? X
Original post by Jla244
Hey!! I do tudors too. Obviously learning all the content but looking at the info thinking it may be mid Tudor crisis including Elizabeth source?? What are your thoughts on the interpretations and essays? X

Hi - it's nice to meet someone else who also does Tudors! :biggrin:

From looking over the content of the Advanced Information I would not be surprised if there was a question about the Mid Tudor Crisis, or a specific question about how English society changed between 1547 and 1570(?). For the extracts/interpretations, I am definitely siding on the post-Henry VIII content, as my teacher told us that if the extract is based on Edward, Mary or Elizabeth I, two of the own knowledge questions have to be on Henry VII and Henry VIII. :h:
Reply 7
Anyone know what was on the 2021 paper?
Reply 8
Also anyone have any ideas for points in a reasons why detente emerged and reasons why detente failed essay?
Original post by Jla244

Good luck for tomorrow 🥲will be a tough one, just hope source question isn't Latin America or Africa

Quick Reply

Latest