The Student Room Group

SQA AH exams 2022

How are your exams going? Just had chemistry and it was absolute hell :OOOOOOOOO felt so different to the past papers and the open-ended on p33 was just weird :<

Scroll to see replies

what do you think you will get
It was rubbish I really hope they bring grade boundaries down. I really want to study medicine after my gap year and I think I’ve got a bad grade in advanced chem. I know the entry requirements for Med is like AB at advanced higher and A higher, by the end of s6. I have three Advanced Highers and 1 Higher this year. Do you think if I get like AB in math and bio and an A in admin it’d be ok to apply for Med, or is that just stupid.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by User2634
It was rubbish I really hope they bring grade boundaries down. I really want to study medicine after my gap year and I think I’ve got a bad grade in advanced chem. I know the entry requirements for Med is like AB at advanced higher and A higher, by the end of s6. I have three Advanced Highers and 1 Higher this year. Do you think if I get like AB in math and bio and an A in admin it’d be ok to apply for Med, or is that just stupid.

I'm exactly the same as you. I've done the AH chemistry exam tdy and it was kind of weird especially multi choice. I'M REALLY hoping that they bring the grade boundaries down.
Did anyone find the AH chem paper difficult today?
Reply 5
I’ve only done one so far (AH chem) and I have mixed feelings about how it went. I missed out a few questions and then the ones I answered… I don’t even know😬 Terrified for results day icl🫣😭
Reply 6
anyone doing AH modern studies I am stressing
Original post by p4sta
I’ve only done one so far (AH chem) and I have mixed feelings about how it went. I missed out a few questions and then the ones I answered… I don’t even know😬 Terrified for results day icl🫣😭

I swear it was harder than previous years
Reply 8
Original post by Hussein2004
I swear it was harder than previous years

It really was😭 I was doing past papers the night before and I was slightly confident that the exam would be a bit similar to previous years but I barely recognised more than half of the calculations
Did anyone find the AH chem paper difficult today?

Yup I did
Reply 10
Original post by kenzobunny123
what do you think you will get

hopefully an A, i was getting 85+ on every past paper and got 86 in my prelim so I think even if this exam didn't go well my estimate should hopefully be an a. it was definitely a hard test and I am aware I made so many mistakes so I'm not 100% sure :>
Do you guys think they will lower the grade boundaries?
Do you guys think they will lower the grade boundaries?

I feel like if they don’t, and many didn’t do as well as they should’ve they would face a lot of backlash. In my opinion they will have to as they didn’t give us any resources like they did for biology and math etc.
Original post by User2634

hiya i hope it went better than you thought :smile: i had mine too :frown:but we can just hope for the best! I have two offers for med this year one of them is BB and the other is BBB (conditional on my advanced highers) - for the two B's they didnt specify any subjects - so it depends on the uni you are going to but if you have at least two Bs at advanced higher I would say you should be good! as long as ur ucat, work experience, personal statement is good then I dont see why you cant apply! I hope that kinda answered your question...
Anyone got maths tomorrow?
Original post by StudentSCTLND
Anyone got maths tomorrow?

Yep I'm scared that it will be as hard as chem
good luck to everyone for maths tomorrow!! i’m terrified for it ngl
Is there advanced higher maths solutions just like nat 5?
Reply 18
Is there advanced higher maths solutions just like nat 5?

Not yet lol, how did you find the maths paper overall? I got straight A's throughout the year and I thought it was really hard, especially the p1 and the last q for p2.
Original post by helxg
Not yet lol, how did you find the maths paper overall? I got straight A's throughout the year and I thought it was really hard, especially the p1 and the last q for p2.

I found it really hard as well, it really destroyed my confidence. I will be lucky to get an a B. I also got 92% in higher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending