The Student Room Group

Level up with the best music from platformers (Gameplay with Baby Queen)

Oops, looks like there WAS an episode of Gameplay last week after all... it wasn't listed in the schedule at the time, so blame the BBC!

Baby Queen mixes music from some of her favourite platform games, including Unravel, Hollow Knight and Crash Bandicoot 2.

Listen to last week's episode here!

Remember, you can suggest ideas for future episodes of Gameplay, either below or in our theme suggestion thread here, and you could hear them come to life on BBC Sounds!
(edited 1 year ago)
About to start this now, thoughts to follow in an hour. In the meantime, here's my pick for nostalgic music from a platformer:

Yooka-Laylee - Final Beeting: Dramatic intro! Or finale I guess, judging by the track name?

Just realized that the playlist indicator isn't working on this episode, so I'm going to have to pay extra attention...

A Hat in Time - Main Theme: Pleasant enough.

Unravel - The Red Thread: Really nice.

Cuphead - Pyramid Peril: Always love Cuphead's music and aesthetic.

Ori and the Will of the Wisp - Shriek and Ori: Decent orchestral piece.

Hollow Knight - White Palace: Beautiful.

Warming Up - It Takes Two: ...pretty sure that should be 'It Takes Two - Warming Up', but I'll stick with what the playlist says! Almost Christmassy feeling tune, wintery yet warm and cheerful.

Super Meat Boy - Carmeaty Burana (Ch 6 Boss): There's a blast from the past! I really got into this game while in University, around about 2010, ultimately proved too difficult for me to complete though. :colondollar: Music is worthy of a boss fight.

Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back: Another game series whose music never disappoints.

Salt and Sanctuary - Reverence: Slightly darker, spookier vibe than the earlier dramatic tracks.

Limbo - Gravity Jump: Limbo! Another one I've played, very atmospheric.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure - The Final Showdown: I still want a full Gameplay episode of final showdowns, they are always some of the best music in any game.

Shovel Knight - High Above the Land (The Flying Machine): 8-bit goodness. :yy:

Top tier episode, glad I didn't miss it entirely!

Quick Reply

Latest