The Student Room Group

Hamlet Question 1b OCR

Hi guys,

I'm finding it difficult to revise for this question as I have access to many critics, but I'm scared that the topic of the question will throw me off and that I will not have anything meaningful or interesting to write about for Hamlet. What is the best way to be prepared for the question and what is the most effective way to revise in order to avoid that outcome?
Original post by JessieXav
Hi guys,

I'm finding it difficult to revise for this question as I have access to many critics, but I'm scared that the topic of the question will throw me off and that I will not have anything meaningful or interesting to write about for Hamlet. What is the best way to be prepared for the question and what is the most effective way to revise in order to avoid that outcome?

I would learn some super generic critic quotes, e.g. Hazlitt 'it is we who are Hamlet' that you could somehow apply to anything so that you don't have to worry your critics won't fit. And with the topic of the question, you have just sort of got to hope it won't throw you off (sadly I don't know what more to do than that) and learn the play in as much detail as possible (revise what happens in each scene in detail). Just write whatever you can think of as you can get away with some very loose justifications in English!
Reply 2
Original post by hamlethoratio
I would learn some super generic critic quotes, e.g. Hazlitt 'it is we who are Hamlet' that you could somehow apply to anything so that you don't have to worry your critics won't fit. And with the topic of the question, you have just sort of got to hope it won't throw you off (sadly I don't know what more to do than that) and learn the play in as much detail as possible (revise what happens in each scene in detail). Just write whatever you can think of as you can get away with some very loose justifications in English!

Thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest