What questions could be asked on political parties?

Watch this thread
klangf
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm revising the established parties atm (edexcel a level) and I've gone through all the essay plans and notes for questions like "is the conservative party more one nation or new right?"

I can remember my teacher talking last year about questions along the lines of "evaluate the view the conservative party is more united than divided" but I have no clue where to start answering this kind of question. I've spent ages googling and I can find literally no evidence that these kinds of questions could be asked or how to do them.

Does anyone know if we might get asked a question on how united the party are? How should I go about answering them?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance
Anonymous #289
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
So I also do a level edexcel but haven’t come across a question like the one you’re describing and I definitely haven’t seen it in a past paper. I know for the 24 marker on ideologies you could be asked to what extent are conservatives united on a certain theme and on the differences between one nation and new right.

For the 30 marker you could get asked a question on the conservative party are but you would be able to speak about more than just one nation and the new right.
My teacher wrote out a list of potential questions which I’ll share
• “The Conservative party is now more a liberal party than a right wing party” How far do you agree with this view
• Evaluate the idea that the main parties in the UK are effective in performing their functions.
• Evaluate the argument that the funding of parties should be reformed.
• Evaluate the argument that parties should be state-funded.
• Evaluate the extent to which the Conservative party remains true to its traditional values and principles.
• Evaluate the extent to which the Labour party remains true to its traditional values and principles.
• Evaluate the extent to which the Liberal Democrats remain true to their traditional values and principles.
• Evaluate the extent of internal divisions with the current UK political parties.
• Evaluate the statement that “all the main parties in the UK are fundamentally liberal parties”
• Evaluate the argument that the other parties in the UK pose a threat to the established parties in the UK.
• Evaluate the idea the UK has a two party system.
• Evaluate the idea that the strength of the party’s leader is the main reason for party success?

I hope these are helpful
klangf
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous #289)
So I also do a level edexcel but haven’t come across a question like the one you’re describing and I definitely haven’t seen it in a past paper. I know for the 24 marker on ideologies you could be asked to what extent are conservatives united on a certain theme and on the differences between one nation and new right.

For the 30 marker you could get asked a question on the conservative party are but you would be able to speak about more than just one nation and the new right.
My teacher wrote out a list of potential questions which I’ll share
• “The Conservative party is now more a liberal party than a right wing party” How far do you agree with this view
• Evaluate the idea that the main parties in the UK are effective in performing their functions.
• Evaluate the argument that the funding of parties should be reformed.
• Evaluate the argument that parties should be state-funded.
• Evaluate the extent to which the Conservative party remains true to its traditional values and principles.
• Evaluate the extent to which the Labour party remains true to its traditional values and principles.
• Evaluate the extent to which the Liberal Democrats remain true to their traditional values and principles.
• Evaluate the extent of internal divisions with the current UK political parties.
• Evaluate the statement that “all the main parties in the UK are fundamentally liberal parties”
• Evaluate the argument that the other parties in the UK pose a threat to the established parties in the UK.
• Evaluate the idea the UK has a two party system.
• Evaluate the idea that the strength of the party’s leader is the main reason for party success?

I hope these are helpful
Thank you so much! This is so helpful, you're a life saver!
Anonymous #289
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by klangf)
Thank you so much! This is so helpful, you're a life saver!
No problem! If you'd like them on any other units then let me know and I can post them or if you have any questions
klangf
Rep:
No problem! If you'd like them on any other units then let me know and I can post them or if you have any questions
Thanks!
cloes
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You should be prepared
Anonymous #289
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cloes)
You should be prepared
Leave people alone. They asked one question and everyone is stressing and cramming for exams- don’t need your comments to make people feel worse. Thanks
cloes
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Leave people alone. They asked one question and everyone is stressing and cramming for exams- don’t need your comments to make people feel worse. Thanks
Reduce the bile
klangf
Rep:
(Original post by cloes)
You should be prepared
very ominous...
paha thanks for the advice I guess???? lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.02%
As I expected (72)
31.03%
Harder (87)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.45%

Watched Threads