The Student Room Group

UCAS

When is the latest you can apply with UCAS? Would it be better for me to apply next year or?
The main deadline was in January, but you can still apply until the end of June as a late applicant.

You'd need to check with each university to confirm whether spaces on your chosen course are still available though, otherwise applying would be a waste if time anyway.

From UCAS Undergraduate: When to Apply:

Missed your deadline?
If you don’t meet the main application deadline, you can still apply for many courses.

We recommend you ask the universities whether they have vacancies first especially for courses with a 15 October deadline, as it’s unusual for them to consider late applications because their courses are really competitive.

30 June 2022, 18:00 (UK time) the final deadline for late applications with course choices
29 September 2022, 18:00 (UK time) you can still apply until this date, but instead of choosing courses, you’ll be entered into ‘Clearing’ the process universities and colleges use to fill any places they still have on their courses

Reply 2
Oh okay, so if they have places will I still have an equal chance or less?
Reply 3
Original post by Catto06

Depends on the university. Most universities have given out the bulk of their offers, so you will be disadvantaged as there will be fewer places left. Some universities won’t look at applicants past an internal website (you can often find this on their websites). For others, you may still likely get a strong opportunity for getting into a course. Of course, the best option now would likely be clearing.

I recommend reaching out to your specific choices and asking what will happen.

Good luck!!!
Do NOT wait until clearing. A late application will give you more options with clearing still available as a backup.

Anyone hoping to use clearing should be applying now.
Original post by Catto06

The "equal consideration" deadline was 26 January, so you have less chance than anyone who applied by that date.

However, you have the same chance as every other late applicant, save for the fact that spaces are being filled all the time - so your chances reduce as each day goes by.
Original post by Catto06

If a university still has places and you meet the entry criteria you have a very good chance. The university are looking for students to attend there. Every place unfilled is a cost on the university budget. Look at ucas course search and filter using show only courses available. Then ring the university to ensure this is the case and apply through ucas. The sooner the better. You can apply through clearing if unsuccessful and then apply again next year if necessary. You ave nothing to lose except the cost of the application,
You'd be surprised at the Unis that still have vacancies for specific subjects - many top Unis have open courses even at this stage.
Just make sure you check that its open for UK applicants and not just Internationals, and you phone the Uni to check just before you hit the button on UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending