Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Scroll to see replies

bro it’s so early what 😭😭
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
* What subject / course at Bath are you applying for?
Psychology with Placement

* A Level / BTEC subjects?
IB Predicted 45/45

* What area of the UK / overseas country are you from?
Asia

* Did you go to an Open Day?
No. Joined a group campus tour over summer. Familiarised myself with Bath U1 Bus and travelling up and down campus and city of Bath.

* Why Uni of Bath?
Reputation of its topnotch Psychology course. Placement. Employability. Beautiful Campus. Student support. Fantastic sports facilities that I will actually use. Feels safe. Not interested in party life.

Bonus: ‘University of the Year’ by The Times and Sunday Times ‘Good University Guide’ 2023
(edited 1 year ago)
What subject / course at Bath are you applying for? Biochemistry
* A Level / BTEC subjects? Biology maths chemistry predicted AAA plus EPQ
* What area of the UK / overseas country are you from? South
* Did you go to an Open Day?Yes
* Why Uni of Bath? Loved the bioscience dept, the campus is beautiful, not too far from home, excellent hockey for me, it felt right
* What subject / course at Bath are you applying for?
Natural Sciences
Biology, Chemistry, maths (predicted 3 A*)
London
Yes
* Why Uni of Bath?
Great course structure for natsci - love the opportunity to do biochemistry + chemistry in almost equal amounts, and the town and campus were both extremely nice
Check out thesubath IG account if you haven't!!
What subject / course at Bath are you applying for? Biochemistry
* A Level / BTEC subjects? Biology psychology chemistry predicted A*A*A plus A in EPQ
* What area of the UK / overseas country are you from? South east
* Did you go to an Open Day?Yes
* Why Uni of Bath? loved the biochemistry department and the campus is gorgeous with a nice community feel
(edited 1 year ago)
What subject / course at Bath are you applying for?
Comp sci
Maths (A*) comp sci (A*) Econ (A)
London
Nope
* Why Uni of Bath?

Pretty 😭
* What subject / course at Bath are you applying for? NatSci (I've already got in)
* A Level / BTEC subjects? Math, chem, bio
* What area of the UK / overseas country are you from? London mate :smile:
* Did you go to an Open Day? yup, 2 of em
* Why Uni of Bath? It's pretty, historic, quite small which I like, and it seems like quite a friendly place
Original post by Anonymous
* What subject / course at Bath are you applying for? NatSci (I've already got in)
* A Level / BTEC subjects? Math, chem, bio
* What area of the UK / overseas country are you from? London mate :smile:
* Did you go to an Open Day? yup, 2 of em
* Why Uni of Bath? It's pretty, historic, quite small which I like, and it seems like quite a friendly place

When did you get the offer? If you're comfortable answering.
Original post by Percy Petrichor
When did you get the offer? If you're comfortable answering.

Oh I've deferred my place for next year (I was meant to start this year but needed a break after the hell that was a levels). I think I got my offer though in feb 2022, and I sent my application in Oct 2021
Oh I've deferred my place for next year (I was meant to start this year but needed a break after the hell that was a levels). I think I got my offer though in feb 2022, and I sent my application in Oct 2021

Thanks for the reply. Good Luck!
Very excited. My application for Biochemistry has gone in - now the wait 😳
Original post by Percy Petrichor
Thanks for the reply. Good Luck!

thanks!
hi i wanted to know about the biomedical science bsc course at bath since ive heard its good and am considering applying. what is teh teaching and labwork like?
Reply 15
Application gone in now too

How long did it actually take for you to receive your offer, (if you remember ) ? I've sent my ucas but I'm not sure how long I'm gonna have to wait lol, I've already heard of a few people receiving offers from different unis within a week or so!!
Original post by Banoot
How long did it actually take for you to receive your offer, (if you remember ) ? I've sent my ucas but I'm not sure how long I'm gonna have to wait lol, I've already heard of a few people receiving offers from different unis within a week or so!!

Oh also:
Applying for psycholgy bsc
Right now I'm taking psychology, maths, further maths, Spanish (predicted 4A*s)
I went to the open day and absolutely LOVED it there, one of the main reasons I wanna go is that I love the campus there lol, and it's ranked high
Original post by Banoot
Oh also:
Applying for psycholgy bsc
Right now I'm taking psychology, maths, further maths, Spanish (predicted 4A*s)
I went to the open day and absolutely LOVED it there, one of the main reasons I wanna go is that I love the campus there lol, and it's ranked high

I had a look at last year's spreadsheet and for Psy, offers didn't happen until after the UCAS deadline. No one knows if it would be a repeat for this cycle. PS: I am also an applicant for Psy!
* What subject / course at Bath are you applying for? Biomedical science
* A Level / BTEC subjects? Don't have A-levels here, but I think I have the equivalent of A* predicteds in all subjects
* Did you go to an Open Day? Nope :frown:
* Why Uni of Bath? I've heard that it has a great biomed course, and the course modules seem to provide a good base for theoretical concepts! Also, the only uni I've seen which does cancer biology in second year itself, which I like :smile:

Latest