The Student Room Group

Is Leicester a good place for students?

I’m debating leaving to go to De Montfort uni but I don’t know if I’ll enjoy cos I haven’t heard many people talk about Leicester. If anyones been to uni in Leicester , what’s the student life like? Is it boring , am I wasting my time leaving? My other option is Cardiff met atm but I still haven’t got back my other offers but Cardiff just slightly scares me cos it’s so big. But if it was a better place to go then I might.
As cities go Cardiff is way better than Leicester. Cardiff is the capital of Wales so all the big events happen there - concerts, sporting events etc. Go to Cardiff.
Original post by sophiekeown
I’m debating leaving to go to De Montfort uni but I don’t know if I’ll enjoy cos I haven’t heard many people talk about Leicester. If anyones been to uni in Leicester , what’s the student life like? Is it boring , am I wasting my time leaving? My other option is Cardiff met atm but I still haven’t got back my other offers but Cardiff just slightly scares me cos it’s so big. But if it was a better place to go then I might.

Lovely campus at de M and Leicester very culturally diverse. Fell in love with the city. But don't even think of studying law! The law staff may be great solicitors, but most of them have the teaching skills of an amoeba, treating mature students with the amused contempt and sarcasm usually reserved for overawed undergraduates ( who shouldn't be treated this way either). Some are downright hostile. Hey, jerks , this isn't high school! One tutor actually called women "chicks" !! and made off colour jokes. They forget students pay their wages. Precious little support and they make you feel worried about asking questions. DON'T GO THERE
Original post by sophiekeown

I am at Loughborough university but when I am going to uni after like going home for the weekend or break or when I am going back home, I have to go through Leicester in order to get the bus back to my town. I also have gone out to Leicester on the weekends during term just to explore kinda.

In terms of Leicester as a place, its pretty decent ngl however I would probs say Cardiff is a better option, probably more nicer than Leicester

Quick Reply

Latest