Corona during exams

Watch this thread
properlife
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So what happens if someone tests positive before an exam? As far as i know the isolation period is 5 days and it isn't compulsory. Would the uni still make you come in for the exam or would they give you resits in august?

If you were to provide photos of positive lateral flow tests would that be enough. If they asked for a PCR and it came back negative surely it wouldn't matter? You could just say you had symptoms and false positives, how was you meant to know any better?
Last edited by properlife; 1 month ago
Interea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I'd be surprised if your university didn't have a policy on this available online somewhere, but if you're worried you can always contact someone at your uni to ask for clarification and put your mind at rest.

I know my uni is still recommending 5 days isolation and accepting positive LFTs as evidence, but it will likely vary a little at each uni (mine has been stricter with restrictions for longer than my friends' unis).
properlife
Rep:
(Original post by Interea)
I'd be surprised if your university didn't have a policy on this available online somewhere, but if you're worried you can always contact someone at your uni to ask for clarification and put your mind at rest.

I know my uni is still recommending 5 days isolation and accepting positive LFTs as evidence, but it will likely vary a little at each uni (mine has been stricter with restrictions for longer than my friends' unis).
Me too, my uni seems to be very strict on resits and extenuating circumstances. They are also very ambiguous with their policies. They only say you can fill out a form if you have corona, they don't say what the outcome is going to be.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by properlife)
So what happens if someone tests positive before an exam? As far as i know the isolation period is 5 days and it isn't compulsory. Would the uni still make you come in for the exam or would they give you resits in august?

If you were to provide photos of positive lateral flow tests would that be enough. If they asked for a PCR and it came back negative surely it wouldn't matter? You could just say you had symptoms and false positives, how was you meant to know any better?
I suspect yo'd get EC and an uncapped resit in august in fact it would be irresponsible to try and o an exam if you might have Covid-19.
properlife
Rep:
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
I suspect yo'd get EC and an uncapped resit in august in fact it would be irresponsible to try and o an exam if you might have Covid-19.
Do you think they'd need a positive PCR test?

Couldn't this system be take advantage of for longer time to revise?
jonathanemptage
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Do you think they'd need a positive PCR test?

Couldn't this system be take advantage of for longer time to revise?
I'd guess a lateral flow test would do it because a PCR test will take time that you really don't have for an exam. Also a lateral flow test would get rid of people saying they are waiting on a PCR result to get more revision time.
properlife
Rep:
I'd guess a lateral flow test would do it because a PCR test will take time that you really don't have for an exam. Also a lateral flow test would get rid of people saying they are waiting on a PCR result to get more revision time.
Apparently Boris is going to announce that isolation is no longer needed. Do you think Uni's will change their policies along with this so that corona cant be an excuse to miss exams?
jonathanemptage
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Apparently Boris is going to announce that isolation is no longer needed. Do you think Uni's will change their policies along with this so that corona cant be an excuse to miss exams?
I don't know they might do I wouldn't think so though. I mean if your ill you shouldn't be at uni not because you feel ill but to avoid infecting other people.
Last edited by jonathanemptage; 1 month ago
properlife
Rep:
I don't know they might do I wouldn't think so though. I mean if your ill you shouldn't be at uni not because you feel ill but to avoid infecting other people.
You don't think they'll just make you sit on your own in a room?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
29.81%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (71)
44.1%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (40)
24.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.24%

Watched Threads