The Student Room Group

HELP! With this Economics essay

Asses the view that making an oligopolistic market more contestable is the best way to improve the efficiency of that market. 25 marks
I am kind of struggling to write this essay
Reply 1
you want it written?
Original post by cloes
you want it written?

yes please or the plan of the essay
Reply 3
Original post by noodleman12
yes please or the plan of the essay

ping me ASAP
Hello. I can assist
Original post by cloes
ping me ASAP

Could I see it aswell?
Reply 6
Original post by Rach2003
Could I see it aswell?

yes, no problem
Reply 7
Original post by noodleman12
Asses the view that making an oligopolistic market more contestable is the best way to improve the efficiency of that market. 25 marks
I am kind of struggling to write this essay

[A]
- Define what is meant by an "oligopolistic market" and give an example of an oligopolistic markets (i.e European Low Cost Airlines Market)
- Identify the characteristic of an oligopolistic market - this includes how profitable the market is, the efficiencies in the market
- Analyse the Kinked Demand Curve Model and explain the importance of an interdependence. Draw the kinked demand curve.

- Define contestability and name a known market structure (I recommend Perfect Competition)
- Identify the characteristic of a contestable market (perfect competition) - this includes how profitable the market is, the efficiencies in the market (both in the Short Run & Long Run)
- Analyse the perfect competition model both in the short run & long run
- Compare the outcomes of an oligopoly & perfect competition and what it means for consumers

[Further Assessment]
- Collusion in an Oligopoly Market - can be modelled as a monopoly. Identify the characteristic & analyse what a collusive oligopoly / monopoly would mean for consumers by the profitability & efficiencies. By doing this you draw the monopoly market structure showing the outcome of both the competitive and monopoly firm.
- How realistic is the perfect competition model
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest