The Student Room Group
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London

Birkbeck university - biomedicine

I received an offer from Birkbeck university to study biomedicine but I just want to know whether this uni is a good school
I am aware that its a night school so I want to know if this is a good thing or not, and how did people cope with going school at night.
The thing is im not going to apply for accommodation so I'm considering if its worth having a long journey to uni during the night and I would like to know if other people experienced the same thing .
If you studied biomedicine please let me know if you found the course worth it or not
also, if there is any tips I should know before going to Birkbeck or even starting this course.
Thank you :smile:
It is absolutely fine if you wish to work within academia or in industry, or within the NHS. BBK is accredited by the UoL, which is of a high standard.
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London
Reply 2
I'm at Birkbeck studying Biomedicine. I have had a good experience so far. However I am a mature student and I think if I was not I would have preferred a different University for the social life. I also have a long journey into Uni and I found that alright for lectures but I changed my lab sessions to a daytime group (which can easily be requested) as that was better for me. If you want to work in the NHS you should be aware that the course is not accredited/registered by the HCPC but this does not affect me.
Hi all, I'm starting the Cert HE Life Sciences this year and hoping to move to the Biomedicine pathway next year. I'm keen to connect with other students in the department, especially for study groups etc.
Original post by Anonymous
I received an offer from Birkbeck university to study biomedicine but I just want to know whether this uni is a good school
I am aware that its a night school so I want to know if this is a good thing or not, and how did people cope with going school at night.
The thing is im not going to apply for accommodation so I'm considering if its worth having a long journey to uni during the night and I would like to know if other people experienced the same thing .
If you studied biomedicine please let me know if you found the course worth it or not
also, if there is any tips I should know before going to Birkbeck or even starting this course.
Thank you :smile:

Did you accept the offer for Birkbeck?
Original post by EnnisA
I'm at Birkbeck studying Biomedicine. I have had a good experience so far. However I am a mature student and I think if I was not I would have preferred a different University for the social life. I also have a long journey into Uni and I found that alright for lectures but I changed my lab sessions to a daytime group (which can easily be requested) as that was better for me. If you want to work in the NHS you should be aware that the course is not accredited/registered by the HCPC but this does not affect me.

What year are you in now? How have you found it so far?

Thanks,
Andrea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending